Stay updated with the latest virtual-private-network news, articles, and insights from trusted sources. Explore in-depth coverage and expert analysis on virtual-private-network topics.

Imphal: The Manipur government enforced an indefinite curfew on Tuesday in five valley districts, including Imphal East, Imphal West, Bishnupur, Kakching, and Thoubal, citing growing security worries. District magistrates of the respective areas issued immediate orders preventing people from leaving their homes until further notice. Officials said the measures are essential to avoid further unrest and ensure public safety. Alongside the curfew, authorities temporarily cut off internet and mobi ...Read More >

Imphal, April 7 (SocialNews.XYZ) To prevent further escalation of violence, the Manipur government on Tuesday suspended internet and mobile data services, including broadband, for three days across five Imphal valley districts. The government move came hours after a deadly bomb attack in Bishnupur district, reportedly carried out by suspected Kuki militants, claimed the lives of two children, officials said. According to a notification issued by Commissioner-cum-Secretary (Home) N. Ashok Kumar ...Read More >

Manipur Chief Minister Y. Khemchand Singh on Tuesday (April 7, 2026) chaired a high-level meeting to review the law and order situation in the State, after two children were killed in a bomb attack in Bishnupur district. The Manipur government also ordered suspension of internet and mobile data services, including Broadband, VSATs and VPN in five valley districts for three days, an official statement said. Mr. Singh said his government is committed to restoring peace and stability at the earlie ...Read More >

Following a tragic bomb attack that killed two children, the Manipur government has suspended internet services in five districts to curb the spread of misinformation and maintain law and order amidst escalating protests. Photograph: ANI PhotoKey PointsManipur government suspends internet services in five districts due to law and order concerns after a bomb attack.Two children were killed and their mother injured in a bomb attack in Manipur's Bishnupur district, sparking local protests.The inte ...Read More >

Imphal, Apr 7 (PTI) The Manipur government on Tuesday ordered suspension of internet and mobile data services, including Broadband, VSATs and VPN in five valley districts for three days, an official statement said. The Commissioner Home N Ashok Kumar, signed the order banning internet and mobile data services in five districts from Tuesday, it said. A Home department statement said, "In view of the prevailing law and order situation in five districts of Manipur - Imphal West, Imphal East, Thou ...Read More >

New Delhi, April 4 (SocialNews.XYZ) Telegram founder Pavel Durov on Saturday said that more than 50 million Russians use the messaging platform daily despite a government ban, as attempts to block virtual private networks triggered a nationwide banking failure that briefly left cash as the only payment method. Taking to the microblogging platform X, Durov said over 50 million Russians send at least one message on Telegram every day, with total daily active users in Russia reaching 65 million. ...Read More >

Morbi pretium leo et nisl aliquam mollis. Quisque arcu lorem, ultricies quis pellentesque nec, ullamcorper eu odio. QCP Group released an article today weighining in the quantum risk for crypto, following the Google whitepaper from March 30 showing Bitcoin‑style elliptic‑curve cryptography can be broken with far fewer quantum resources than previously assumed. The crypto-quantum panic continues raging on, with multiple important voices from crypto and technology, such as former Binance CEO Cha ...Read More >
Bengaluru: The dreaded 6 am emails from Oracle leadership, along with the sudden revocation of VPN and Slack access, have come to define the ongoing layoffs in India. An estimated 10,000-12,000 employees in India -- out of its 50,000-strong workforce -- are likely to be affected, according to industry sources, while globally the company is said to be cutting around 30,000 roles.India, often described internally as a second headquarters for Oracle, is now bearing the brunt of the company's aggres ...Read More >

A 47-year-old man from Karnataka's Mysore has been arrested by the Delhi Police for allegedly sending over 1,100 hoax threat messages targeting schools, high courts and government offices across India. As per the police, the accused Srinivas Louis is likely suffering from mental distress and confessed to sending mails. However, police said that the exact reason behind sending those messages will be ascertained after the accused is brought to Delhi and a detailed investigation takes place. The ...Read More >

MUMBAI: When the digital walls go up, even the cleverest escape routes can find themselves quietly blocked and Apple has just helped seal a few more in Russia. Apple has removed several VPN and proxy applications from its App Store in Russia as authorities intensify efforts to control internet access. The delisting includes apps such as Streisand, V2Box, v2RayTun and Happ Proxy Utility, which were popular among advanced users for setting up private proxy connections and bypassing restrictions. ...Read More >
New Delhi: Srinivas Louis, the man arrested in Mysuru on Saturday for allegedly sending hundreds of hoax bomb threat emails to several institutions, including courts, in Delhi-NCR and other parts of the country, allegedly used tech tricks like IP spoofing and used a VPN to conceal his identity and location.Using a series of forged documents and following a strict technical discipline, the 47-year-old managed to send Delhi Police on a wild goose chase for weeks before they finally zeroed in on hi ...Read More >

Mumbai: The Mumbai Police Crime Branch is likely to seek custody of a 47-year-old man arrested by the Delhi Police for allegedly sending hoax bomb threat emails to courts and institutions, as investigators probe his possible link to similar threats received in Mumbai. Shrinivas Luis apprehended from Vrindavan Layout residence in Mysuru The accused, identified as Shrinivas Luis, was arrested from Mysuru in Karnataka following a two-week-long operation by Delhi Police's Cyber unit. He was appreh ...Read More >

Hyderabad, March 30: Police have arrested a suspect in connection with thousands of bomb threats reported across the country. The accused allegedly sent about 1100 fake bomb threats targeting schools, offices, courts, and government institutions. Here To Join Us On WhatsApp According to police, the accused has been identified as 47-year-old Srinivas Louis. He was arrested by Delhi Police in Mysore, Karnataka. Officials said the arrest took place on Saturday from a rented house. The operation w ...Read More >

Acting on precise intelligence and rigorous cyber surveillance, CIK uncovered two social media accounts -- 'faithful_warrior57' and 'Gurkboru.08' -- actively promoting terrorist ideologies. These handles were found glorifying violence, sharing propaganda materials, including audio clips of known terrorists, and inciting secessionist sentiments to radicalise vulnerable youth. Following meticulous technical analysis, CIK identified the operators as two juveniles: Hashim Mashood Lone, 17, from Kha ...Read More >

Srinagar- Counter Intelligence Kashmir (CIK) has thwarted an online radicalisation attempt and prevented two Kashmiri teenagers from being drawn into a terror network operating through social media platforms. According to a statement, the CIK said it had "dismantled a digital radicalisation network" that was using multiple online platforms to propagate extremist ideologies and lure vulnerable youth toward violence. "Acting on precise cyber intelligence, CIK identified two radical social media ...Read More >

Srinagar, Oct 27: Counter Intelligence Kashmir (CIK) has dismantled an online radicalisation network, preventing two vulnerable youths from being drawn into extremist activities. The operation highlights the agency's expertise in cyber intelligence, surveillance, and community outreach. Acting on precise intelligence, CIK identified two social media accounts, 'faithful_warrior57' and 'Gurkboru.08', used to glorify violence, circulate extremist content, and influence impressionable youth. Both a ...Read More >

The office of the additional director general of police, Maharashtra Cyber, serves as the nodal agency for cybersecurity and cybercrime enforcement in the state. Digital arrest frauds, in which organised syndicates impersonate government or law enforcement officials to extort large sums from citizens, have been increasingly prevalent in recent months, with fraudsters mostly targeting senior citizens and duping them of substantial amounts of money. In the latest case, a 72-year-old senior citize ...Read More >
COIMBATORE: The Bomb Detection and Disposal Squad (BDDS) on Thursday conducted searches on the Coimbatore district collectorate premises after an unknown person sent a bomb threat email to the official email ID of the district collector.A collectorate staff member noticed the email which stated that a bomb would explode on the premises. This prompted the evacuation of everyone from the campus.On being informed, the BDDS and the K9 dog squad of the Coimbatore city police reached the spot and laun ...Read More >

India's Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU-IND) has taken decisive action against 25 offshore cryptocurrency exchanges, issuing compliance notices for failing to meet India's anti-money laundering (AML) requirements. The FIU confirmed that these platforms have not registered under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA), 2002, a regulatory framework extended to Virtual Digital Asset (VDA) service providers since March 2023. According to officials, the exchanges were actively servicing India ...Read More >

New Delhi, Sep 13 (SocialNews.XYZ) The national capital has been reeling under a spate of bomb threats over the past few months, targeting courts, schools, colleges, hospitals and government offices, creating panic among citizens and keeping security agencies on high alert. On Friday, chaos gripped the Delhi High Court after an email warned of "exploding" the complex, claiming that three bombs had been planted, including one inside a judge's chamber. The mail also contained threats linked to P ...Read More >

Amritsar, July 18 (SocialNews.XYZ) Leader of Opposition in Punjab and Congress lawmaker Partap Singh Bajwa, on Friday demanded that Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann immediately convene an all-party meeting in Amritsar to discuss continuing threats to the Golden Temple through threatening emails. Speaking after paying obeisance at Sri Harmandir Sahib, where he was accompanied by Congress MP Gurjeet Singh Aujla, Sukhwinder Singh Danny Bandala and other Congress leaders, Bajwa said that he met with of ...Read More >

Mumbai: A school in Kandivali West received a threatening email on Friday, adding to the ongoing wave of threats targeting educational institutions across the city. Upon receiving the alert, Mumbai Police, along with the bomb disposal squad and demolition team, conducted a thorough search of the school premises. However, nothing suspicious was found during the operation. Initial investigation has revealed that the threatening email originated from outside Mumbai, raising suspicions of mischief. ...Read More >

The recurring threats have caused considerable anxiety among parents and teachers. ShowQuick Read Summary is AI-generated, newsroom-reviewed * Ten bomb threat emails were sent to nine Delhi schools over three days using encrypted networks * Senders used VPNs and the dark web to anonymise their location and evade tracking by police * Delhi Police and cyber experts are treating the threats seriously and multiple agencies are investigating Did our AI summary help? Let us know. New Delhi: A ...Read More >

New Delhi: The digital storefronts we scroll through every day now carry a dark undercurrent. A new report by the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) has laid bare how terrorists are exploiting online platforms - from Amazon to PayPal - to fund violence in India. The global anti-terror watchdog has cited evidence from two major cases - the 2019 Pulwama suicide bombing and the 2022 Gorakhnath Temple attack. According to the FATF report, the aluminum powder used in the deadly Pulwama blast, which ...Read More >
New Delhi: A new report by the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) on Tuesday flagged misuse of ecommerce platforms, social media and online payment services to fund terror activities. "Serious and evolving terrorist financing risks have been highlighted with a warning on gaps in countries including India and their abilities to fully understand terrorism financing trends and respond effectively," the latest report stated. "Today's report outlines current and evolving methods employed by terroris ...Read More >
Patna: A bomb threat sent through email to the authorities of Jay Prakash Narayan International Airport in Patna sparked panic on Monday night. The threat, which was issued from an encrypted email service based in Estonia to the director of the airport, is the second within a fortnight and third such one in just over a year. The threat email triggered a thorough search by security personnel though no bomb was found. City SP Central, Diksha Yadav said taking a serious view, the airport's bomb th ...Read More >
HYDERABAD: A majority of people involved in online gambling and betting in Telangana are aged between 18 and 25, according to a survey conducted by the Public Response Against Helplessness and Action for Redressal (PRAHAR), an NGO.The findings were revealed on Friday at an event titled 'Click:Bet:Repeat: Consumer Survey on the Forces Driving Online Betting and Gambling', held in Telangana, where online betting is banned.The survey, conducted over the past six weeks, covered 2,761 punters from ac ...Read More >

Mumbai, June 28 (UNI) The Mumbai Crime Branch's investigation into the IIT Powai trespassing case has raised concerns over negligence on the part of the institute's security team and exposed serious lapses in campus security. The case involved the arrest of a resident of Mangaluru, Karnataka, for illegally staying in the hostel and attending lectures at IIT Mumbai, which is the premier technological institute in India and one of the leading universities in the world. A man identified as Bilal ...Read More >

New Delhi [India], June 28 (ANI): In a continuing crackdown under Operation Chakra-V, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) conducted coordinated search operations at multiple locations in Ahmedabad and Mumbai on June 25 in connection with a transnational cyber extortion case, the probe agency said on Friday. CBI said that the searches led to the recovery of incriminating evidence. The main suspect behind a transnational cyber extortion syndicate was arrested on June 26 in Mumbai. Also Rea ...Read More >

Mumbai: In a startling revelation, the Mumbai Crime Branch's investigation into the IIT Powai trespassing case has exposed serious lapses in campus security. According to sources, the accused, Bilal Ahmed Faiyaz Ahmed Teli (22), who illegally stayed inside the IIT Powai campus for 14 days, moved freely in and out of the premises nearly 8 to 10 times without being detected by the security personnel on duty. Police have found imo and Signal apps both messaging and calling platforms on Bilal's mob ...Read More >
Stay updated with the latest None news, articles, and insights from trusted sources. Explore in-depth coverage and expert analysis on None topics.