Stay updated with the latest mumbai-police news, articles, and insights from trusted sources. Explore in-depth coverage and expert analysis on mumbai-police topics.

Mumbai police picked up the trail of the accused, Chandrashekhar Kalekar, after scanning voters' lists and other records, and also used human intelligence to trace him in Dapoli taluka on Tuesday morning, a Mumbai Police official said on Wednesday. Criminals may be adept at faking identities, but police are masters of busting deceptions, which was evident when they traced and arrested a 71-year-old man wanted in an attempt to murder case, after 48 years, who was living as a recluse in a coastal ...Read More >

New Delhi [India], October 18 (ANI): A two-day conference on 'fugitives-challenges-and-strategies">Extradition of Fugitives-Challenges and Strategies' was organised by CBI on October 16 and 17, 2025, at Bharat Mandapam. The conference was inaugurated by Union Home and Cooperation Minister Amit Shah on October 16, 2025, said CBI sources. Union Home Minister emphasised the need for concerted effort of all the agencies to bring the wanted fugitives from abroad to face justice in India. He specific ...Read More >

A court in Pune has discharged politician and NCP-SP MLA Jitendra Awhad from the offences registered against him in a case related to the clash involving activists of the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) and the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) at the Fergusson College (FC) campus in 2016. Additional sessions [...] A court in Pune has discharged politician and NCP-SP MLA Jitendra Awhad from the offences registered against him in a case related to th ...Read More >

Pune (Maharashtra) [India], October 18 (ANI): The Additional Sessions Court in Pune has discharged Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) MLA Jitendra Awhad of all charges related to the 2016 Fergusson College violence case, citing a lack of evidence. The order, passed by Additional Sessions Judge Aniruddha Subhash Gandhi on October 13, stated that there was "insufficient evidence to frame charges" against the legislator. The court also held that the earlier order of the Judicial Magistrate First Cla ...Read More >

PUNE: The additional sessions court in Pune has discharged sitting MLA Jitendra Awhad from all charges in connection with a 2016 incident of violence at Fergusson College. The order, passed by additional sessions judge Aniruddha Subhash Gandhi on October 13 and made available on Saturday, observed that there was insufficient evidence to frame charges against the legislator. Awhad, MLA of the Nationalist Congress Party/NCP (Sharadchandra Pawar/SP), 61, from Thane, had filed a criminal revision a ...Read More >

The office of the additional director general of police, Maharashtra Cyber, serves as the nodal agency for cybersecurity and cybercrime enforcement in the state. Digital arrest frauds, in which organised syndicates impersonate government or law enforcement officials to extort large sums from citizens, have been increasingly prevalent in recent months, with fraudsters mostly targeting senior citizens and duping them of substantial amounts of money. In the latest case, a 72-year-old senior citize ...Read More >

Guru Maa (right) obtained fake documents, including Aadhar Card, to claim that she was an Indian citizen. Mumbai: A Bangladeshi trans person who had been living in India for the last 30 years using forged documents was arrested on Thursday in Mumbai. The accused, Babu Ayan Khan, alias Jyoti, alias 'Guru Maa', has been accused of trafficking 200 Bangladeshi nationals into India, and this number may rise as the Mumbai Police's investigation intensifies. A Spiritual Leader With 300 Followers J ...Read More >

Shilpa Shetty has withdrawn her application to travel abroad, citing non-materialization of plans, with her lawyer stating a fresh application will be filed if future travel is desired. The actress and her husband Raj Kundra are involved in a Rs 60-crore cheating case. Actor Shilpa Shetty, embroiled in a Rs 60-crore cheating case with her businessman husband Raj Kundra, on Thursday told the Bombay High Court she was withdrawing her application seeking permission to travel abroad as the plans di ...Read More >

Mumbai, October 16: Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty, the co-accused in a Rs 60 crore fraud involving her businessman husband Raj Kundra, has dropped plans to travel to Los Angeles and withdrawn a petition from the Bombay High Court seeking relaxation in the Look Out Circular (LOC) issued against her, a lawyer said on Thursday. The High Court will now hear the couple's plea seeking the quashing of the LOC on November 17, he said. The actresses' advocates on Thursday told Chief Justice Shree Chan ...Read More >

Mumbai: Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty, the co-accused in a Rs 60 crore fraud involving her businessman husband Raj Kundra, has dropped plans to travel to Los Angeles and withdrawn a petition from the Bombay High Court seeking relaxation in the Look Out Circular (LOC) issued against her, a lawyer said on Thursday. The High Court will now hear the couple's plea seeking the quashing of the LOC on November 17, he said. Also Read: ECI to enforce TN Seshan's 1994 guidelines on Burqa-clad women in ...Read More >

Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], October 16 (ANI): Actress Shilpa Shetty has decided to cancel her planned foreign trip after the Bombay High Court recently refused to grant her permission, amidst an ongoing investigation into an alleged Rs 60-crore fraud case. On Thursday, Shetty's lawyer informed the Bombay High Court that the actress would not proceed with her travel plans following the court's decision to deny a temporary suspension of the Look Out Circular (LOC) issued against her and her hus ...Read More >

The father of the accused holds a top position in a private bank. Mumbai: Police have registered a case against a Mumbai-based man doing PhD in the US for allegedly sexually abusing, threatening and causing physical harm to a 31-year-old woman also studying in that country on the false promise of marriage, officials said on Wednesday. The 29-year-old accused is a resident of Lower Parel in central Mumbai, while the victim was from Mahim here, they said. The father of the accused holds a top ...Read More >

Mumbai: The Trombay Police registered a First Information Report (FIR) against at least ten students from the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) in Mumbai, for organising a "peaceful gathering" to commemorate the death anniversary of jailed Dalit activist and former Delhi University professor, GN Saibaba on Monday, October 13. The FIR also claimed that the students allegedly raised slogans in support of former JNU students Sharjeel Imam and Umar Khalid, who are currently behind bars in th ...Read More >

Mumbai: Businessman Raj Kundra, husband of actor Shilpa Shetty, has claimed before the Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of Mumbai Police that his company suffered major losses after the 2016 demonetisation drive -- a blow, he said, that severely affected his ability to repay investors. His statement comes amid a probe into an alleged Rs 60.48 crore cheating case linked to his firm Best Deal TV Pvt Ltd. The case was registered following a complaint by Deepak Kothari, director of Lotus Capital Financ ...Read More >

Mumbai: Indian cricketer and 2025 Asia Cup champion Rinku Singh has reportedly received a threat from the underworld, according to the Mumbai Crime Branch. The investigation has revealed that Dawood Ibrahim-led D-Company sent multiple ransom demands earlier this year. Authorities confirmed that between February and April 2025, Rinku's promotional team received three extortion messages demanding ₹5 crore. Acting on the leads, police arrested two suspects, Mohammed Dilshad and Mohammed Naveed, fr ...Read More >

Mumbai, Oct 7 (PTI) Actor Shilpa Shetty has told the Mumbai police that she did not look into the affairs of the company she co-founded with her husband Raj Kundra, during her questioning in connection with the Rs 60 crore cheating case, an official said on Tuesday. A team from the police's Economic Offences Wing (EOW) recorded the actor's statement at her residence on October 4 and questioned her for more than four hours, the official said. The actor, in her statement, told the police that sh ...Read More >

The two factions of the Shiv Sena will hold simultaneous Dussehra rallies in Mumbai today ShowQuick Read Summary is AI-generated, newsroom-reviewed * Uddhav Thackeray's Shiv Sena will hold its annual Dussehra rally at Shivaji Park, Mumbai at 5 pm * Eknath Shinde's faction will hold its Dussehra rally at NESCO Centre, Goregaon at 6 pm * Both rallies are major public mobilisations ahead of the Mumbai civic elections Did our AI summary help? Let us know. Switch To Beeps Mode Mumbai: In a ...Read More >

Mumbai: Actor Shilpa Shetty and her businessman-husband Raj Kundra have approached the Bombay High Court seeking suspension of the Look Out Circular (LOC) issued against them in a Rs 60 crore cheating and fraud case. The couple had requested permission to travel abroad for business and professional commitments. However, the Bombay High Court denied permission to the couple to travel to Thailand's Phuket for a three-day family vacation, citing serious pending cases against them. The court also r ...Read More >

Mumbai, Oct 1 (PTI) The Mumbai police have deployed more than 16,500 constables and nearly 2,900 officers along with the personnel of various special units across the city in view of the Dussehra rallies of political parties and processions for immersion of goddess Durga idols on October 2, officials said. This year, Dussehra and Gandhi Jayanti are being celebrated on the same day. The ruling Shiv Sena led by Deputy Chief Minister Eknath Shinde will hold its annual Dussehra rally at the NESCO ...Read More >

A sketch was attached to the post showing a BJP office set on fire and some people carrying placards and banners in their hands protesting over various issues Mumbai Police have registered an FIR against an unidentified person on charges of provocation with intent to cause riot following an alleged objectionable post on the 'X' account of the Maharashtra Congress, officials said on Tuesday. The ruling BJP's social media cell coordinator, Prakash Gade, had approached the Marine Drive police wit ...Read More >

Mumbai: Mumbai Police have registered an FIR against an unidentified person on charges of provocation with intent to cause riot following an alleged objectionable post on the 'X' account of the Maharashtra Congress, officials said on Tuesday. The ruling BJP's social media cell coordinator, Prakash Gade, had approached the Marine Drive police here with a complaint after noticing the post on the Maharashtra Congress' official X handle. About The Case According to the complainant, the post menti ...Read More >

Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], September 30 (ANI): Mumbai Police registered an FIR against an unidentified person as the Maharashtra BJP filed a complaint against an X post by the State Congress showing a BJP office on fire amid protests. Maharashtra BJP Social Media Cell Coordinator Prakash Gade filed the complaint alleging incitement of violence. Also Read | Durga Puja 2025: PM Narendra Modi To Participate in Durga Puja Celebrations at Iconic Kali Mandir and Shiva Temple in Delhi's CR Park Ar ...Read More >

Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], September 30 (ANI): Mumbai Police registered an FIR against an unidentified person as the Maharashtra BJP filed a complaint against an X post by the State Congress showing a BJP office on fire amid protests. Maharashtra BJP Social Media Cell Coordinator Prakash Gade filed the complaint alleging incitement of violence. The FIR was registered at Marine Drive Police Station in Mumbai under Sections 192, 353(1) and 353(2) (provocation to cause riot and public mischief ...Read More >

Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty has issued a strong rebuttal through her legal team after reports surfaced alleging that she received Rs 15 crore from her husband, businessman Raj Kundra, nearly a decade ago in connection with a financial transaction under investigation by the Economic Offences Wing (EOW), Mumbai. She issued a statement via her lawyer and has categorically denied the reports, calling them 'totally fake and mischievous.' She also accused certain media outlets of deliberately doi ...Read More >

Hyderabad: The Ba**ds of Bollywood, directed by Aryan Khan, son of Shah Rukh Khan, recently premiered on Netflix with a grand launch. The satirical action-comedy has been praised by critics and audiences alike for its fresh storytelling and bold humor. The seven-episode series features several Bollywood stars in cameo appearances, including Salman Khan, Aamir Khan, Ranveer Singh, Ranbir Kapoor, and many others. Despite the positive response, one particular scene has now stirred controversy. In ...Read More >

Mumbai, September 16: In a fresh development in the Rs 60 crore fraud case, businessman Raj Kundra has alleged that a portion of the amount was paid as fees to Bollywood actresses Bipasha Basu and Neha Dhupia. The claim came during his statement to the Mumbai Police's Economic Offences Wing (EOW), which is probing the case. According to sources, Kundra claimed that a portion of the money in question was paid as fees to Bipasha and Neha. However, during the five-hour-long interrogation, he repor ...Read More >
Mumbai: Bollywood actor Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra was questioned by Mumbai Police's Economic Offences Wing (EOW) for around five hours on Monday in connection with an alleged cheating case of Rs 60 crore. Kundra's statement has been recorded and he is likely to be summoned again. No summons have been issued to Shetty, a co-accused but sources said she may also have to appear before the EOW for interrogation soon. The EOW had summoned Kundra to appear before the investigating officers ...Read More >

Mumbai: In a fresh development in the Rs 60 crore fraud case, businessman Raj Kundra has alleged that a portion of the amount was paid as fees to Bollywood actresses Bipasha Basu and Neha Dhupia. The claim came during his statement to the Mumbai Police's Economic Offences Wing (EOW), which is probing the case. According to sources, Kundra claimed that a portion of the money in question was paid as fees to Bipasha and Neha. However, during the five-hour-long interrogation, he reportedly remained ...Read More >

Mumbai, Sep 16 (SocialNews.XYZ) In a fresh development in the Rs 60 crore fraud case, businessman Raj Kundra has alleged that a portion of the amount was paid as fees to Bollywood actresses Bipasha Basu and Neha Dhupia. The claim came during his statement to the Mumbai Police's Economic Offences Wing (EOW), which is probing the case. According to sources, Kundra claimed that a portion of the money in question was paid as fees to Bipasha and Neha. However, during the five-hour-long interrogation ...Read More >

New Delhi: In the Vantara Wildlife Centre case of Jamnagar, Gujarat, the Supreme Court has asked if someone wants to keep an elephant and does so by following all the rules, then what is wrong with it? The court said this while completing the hearing of the case on Monday, September 15, 2025. However, the court has not passed any order yet. The report of the Special Investigation Team was also presented in today's hearing. A PIL was filed in the Supreme Court demanding a thorough investigation ...Read More >
Stay updated with the latest None news, articles, and insights from trusted sources. Explore in-depth coverage and expert analysis on None topics.