Stay updated with the latest mumbai-police news, articles, and insights from trusted sources. Explore in-depth coverage and expert analysis on mumbai-police topics.

Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], December 15 (ANI): Over 50 senior women proved that age is no barrier to fitness at the Vivekanand Education Society grounds in Chembur on Sunday, partaking in a special Grandmothers 10K run, hosted by Zydus Pinkathon, India's biggest women's run. The unique format brought older women into the spotlight, celebrating fitness and challenging long-held stereotypes around ageing. Now in its third edition, the Grandmothers' Run reflects Pinkathon's long-standing approac ...Read More >

New Delhi [India], December 15 (ANI): President Droupadi Murmu on Monday congratulated the Indian Squash team for winning the maiden Squash World Cup. The President hailed the Indian side for defeating the top-seeded team, Hong Kong, in the final and winning the semifinal against Egypt, which had won the Cup twice in recent years. "Heartiest congratulations to India's squash team which won the Squash World Cup for the first time. The team, comprising women and men, has done India proud with its ...Read More >

Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], December 15 (ANI): Former Indian cricketer Harbhajan Singh expressed delight after meeting Lionel Messi in Mumbai on Sunday, during the football legend's Mumbai leg of the GOAT India Tour. Messi, after Kolkata and Hyderabad, completed the third pit stop of his GOAT India Tour with Mumbai. The football legend, along with Luis Suarez and Rodrigo De Paul, dazzled fans at the Wankhede Stadium. They also met Indian football legend Sunil Chhetri, cricketing icon Sachin ...Read More >

Police has the standard procedure of the security arrangements inside the Wankhede Stadium, where people are barred from taking water bottles, metals objects, coins. In view of Argentine superstar footballer Lionel Messi's visit to Mumbai on Sunday, the city police are implementing stringent security measures, like not allowing water bottles, metals, coins inside the stadiums and setting up watchtowers to keep an eye on the crowd, officials said. The police also said it is taking extra care to ...Read More >

Mumbai, Dec 14 (UNI) -- Mumbai has been placed under a tight security cover ahead of the visit of football legend Lionel Messi on Saturday, following chaotic incidents reported during the Kolkata leg of his 'GOAT India Tour 2025'. Mumbai police have deployed more than 2,000 personnel across South Mumbai to secure venues linked to the superstar's engagements. Senior officials said that the arrangements are comparable to those made for a World Cup final, with temporary watchtowers erected at stra ...Read More >
According to officials, as quoted by PTI, Bishnoi arrived in Delhi after being "removed" from the US, where he had been detained since November last year. He is expected to be produced before a special court in the capital shortly. Anmol Bishnoi has been on the radar of multiple investigative agencies for his alleged involvement in high-profile attacks, including the firing outside actor Salman Khan's Mumbai residence in April 2024 and the assassination of Punjabi singer Sidhu Moosewala. Gangst ...Read More >

New Delhi: Gangster Anmol Bishnoi, wanted in more than 18 criminal cases across multiple states, was deported from the United States and brought back to India on Wednesday afternoon (November 19). Officials from the National Investigation Agency (NIA) and Delhi Police were present at Delhi's Indira Gandhi International Airport ahead of his arrival. He is now expected to be produced before Patiala House Court shortly, according to reports. Anmol, the younger brother of jailed gangster Lawrence B ...Read More >

NEW DELHI/MUMBAI: The Enforcement Directorate (ED) sleuths carried out raids at 14 locations in Mumbai in a money laundering case against Rajendra Narpatmal Lodha, former director of Lodha Developers, the agency said on Friday. The raids were carried out on Wednesday. During the operations, movable assets amounting to Rs 59 crore in the form of cash, bank balances and fixed deposits along with various other incriminating documents, digital devices and immovable asset details worth several crore ...Read More >

Following the Delhi explosion on Monday evening, Mumbai Police have issued a precautionary alert across the city. Soon after the Delhi explosion on Monday evening, the Mumbai police said that a "precautionary alert" has been sounded out across the city even as they are waiting for a clear picture to emerge. Senior officers said that considering it is the festive season and year end nearing, the Mumbai police have been on an alert already. An official said that security checks will be carried ou ...Read More >

New Delhi, Nov 10 (PTI) The Delhi Police has busted multiple cyber fraud syndicates operating across India, arresting four men involved in large-scale digital arrest and investment fraud rackets and unearthing a Rs 5 crore cryptocurrency trail linked to Dubai-based handlers, an official said on Monday. According to police, multi-state raids were conducted in Delhi, Haryana, Punjab and Uttarakhand, during which several mobile phones, SIM cards, laptops, debit and credit cards, cheque books and o ...Read More >
MNS president Raj Thackeray has stepped up his campaign against ECI over duplicate and bogus voters. Initially, it appeared that he was alone in his battle but now, major opposition parties in the state have joined him. Unexpectedly, he has found support from Sharad Pawar, Uddhav Thackeray, Balasaheb Thorat and Supriya Sule.Congress MP Rahul Gandhi was the first to raise his voice against bogus and duplicate voters. He was followed by Thorat, who brought to ECI's notice such voters in his assemb ...Read More >
Pune: State general secretary of NCP (SP) Rohit Pawar on Thursday called the Mumbai police's action of registering an FIR against two unidentified people on charges of making a fake Aadhaar card of US President Donald Trump in Mumbai laughable. He said the BJP has been rampantly using fake documents to add bogus voters, but no action is being taken against it.On Oct 16, Rohit addressed a press conference where he gave a demonstration to claim that fake Aadhaar cards were being used for registeri ...Read More >

Pune, October 31: The Mumbai Police's South Region Cyber Cell on Wednesday, October 29, registered an FIR against NCP (Sharad Pawar) MLA Rohit Pawar for allegedly creating a fake Aadhaar card in the name of US President Donald Trump. The case against Rohit Pawar comes after a complaint filed by BJP's social media coordinator Dhananjay Wagaskar. According to the Times of India, Dhananjay Wagaskar alleged that Rohit Pawar's act endangered social security and incited anger against an autonomous in ...Read More >

The Maharashtra government has issued detailed clarification denying the claims of Rohit Arya who was shot dead by Mumbai police after he took 17 children hostage. In his last video, Arya said he was committing the act over payment of "dues" from the state government. "I am not a terrorist and do not have any monetary demands, and my demands are not immoral at all," he said. In an official release as quoted by News18, the government said that Arya's corporate social responsibility (CSR) projec ...Read More >

Katrina Kaif's fans were left shocked on Friday morning after a media portal shared pictures of the mom-to-be actress with her baby bump. Wondering what's wrong with the pictures? They were clicked as Katrina stepped out on the balcony of her Mumbai apartment. The private pictures left netizens shocked, who then slammed the invasion of privacy and rushed to the comments section of the post, demanding police action. "Camera se pehle manners on karo," one of Katrina's fans wrote. "Where's the pri ...Read More >
Mumbai Police successfully rescued 19 hostages, 17 of them children, from a Powai building. The operation followed a three-hour standoff with the kidnapper, Rohit Arya. Arya died after sustaining a bullet injury during a shootout with police. He had lured the children to the building for a fake web series audition. Mumbai: Mumbai Police on Thursday freed 19 hostages, including 17 children, from a building in Powai after a 3-hour standoff with a kidnapper, identified as Rohit Arya, who had taken ...Read More >

Mumbai, Oct 30 (PTI) Mumbai Police on Thursday rescued 19 persons including 17 children from a studio in Powai area while the man who had held them hostage succumbed to bullet injuries sustained during the operation, officials said. Rohit Arya, who had released a video statement during the hostage drama that went on for about an hour, was shot by police when he tried to harm the children with an air gun and later died at hospital, an official said. "All the children are safe," said Satyanarany ...Read More >

Mumbai Hostage Crisis: Kidnapper Rohit Arya Shot Dead During Police Operation, 17 Children RescuedA tense hostage crisis at Mumbai's RA Studio ended tragically on Thursday when police rescued 17 children held captive by 35-year-old Rohit Arya. The suspect, who worked at the studio, was shot during the rescue operation and later died in hospital. A frightening hostage situation unfolded in Mumbai's Powai area on Thursday when a man identified as Rohit Arya took at least 17 children hostage at RA ...Read More >

Mumbai, Oct 30: A social media channel owner was shot dead by Mumbai Police in a hostage drama plotted by him using an air gun to confine 20 children at R A Studio in Mumbai's Powai on Thursday, a police official said. Rohit Arya died of excessive bleeding while being taken to the hospital after the police stormed the premises where he held the children hostage for about 30 minutes under the garb of conducting an acting audition, police said. After holding the students hostage, Arya circulated ...Read More >

Mumbai hostage live: Accused Rohit Arya released a video before his death According to the Mumbai Police, Arya had released a video believed to have been recorded during the hostage situation, in which he claimed to have certain demands and said he wanted to speak with some individuals. In the clip, he also threatened to "set everything on fire and harm himself and the children" if his demands were not met. Arya said he had taken the children hostage as part of a plan to have "a simple convers ...Read More >

Mumbai: In a major development in the Powai hostage crisis, Rohit Arya -- the man who held 17 children hostage inside a Powai acting studio on Thursday -- has died after sustaining bullet injuries during an exchange of gunfire with police. Authorities confirmed that Arya succumbed to the wounds following the shoot-out. All children were rescued safely during the operation. Earlier in the day, panic gripped RA Studios in Powai after Arya locked nearly 17 children inside the premises and threaten ...Read More >

Mumbai, October 30: In a dramatic rescue operation, a social media channel owner was disarmed of an air gun and detained to free 20 children held "hostage" by him after an audition round at R A Studio in Mumbai's Powai on Thursday, a police official said. Rohit Arya had taken the children hostage and circulated a video as part of a plan to force certain individuals to speak to him, failing which he threatened to set the studio building and the hostages on fire, the police said. The Mumbai Police ...Read More >

Mumbai, Oct 30 (SocialNews.XYZ) In a dramatic rescue operation, a social media channel owner was disarmed of an air gun and detained to free 20 children held "hostage" by him after an audition round at R A Studio in Mumbai's Powai on Thursday, a police official said. Rohit Arya had taken the children hostage and circulated a video as part of a plan to force certain individuals to speak to him, failing which he threatened to set the studio building and the hostages on fire, the police said. The ...Read More >
Mumbai: Mumbai Police detained a man who allegedly kept several children hostage in a building in Mumbai's Powai area on Thursday. Police who launched a swift operation managed to detain him. Police identified the suspect as Rohit Arya, who had earlier released a video claiming that he wanted to speak with certain people. He had threatened "to set everything on fire and harm himself along with the children if his demands were not met." "A man, identified as Rohit Arya, has held a few children ...Read More >

New Delhi: Delhi Police have arrested a 59-year-old man for his alleged involvement in espionage activities and a fake passport racket operating from Jamshedpur in Jharkhand, officials said Tuesday. The accused, identified as Mohammad Adil Hussaini -- who also went by the names Syed Adil Hussain, Nasimuddin, and Syed Adil Hussaini -- was arrested from Seemapuri in Delhi two days ago, according to police. Investigators said Hussaini had allegedly been in contact with a foreign-based nuclear sci ...Read More >
Mumbai police have apprehended a key suspect in a massive mephedrone seizure case. Mohammed Salim Mohammed Sohail Shaikh was brought back from Dubai after his deportation. He is the third accused to be extradited from the UAE in this operation. The police had previously busted a drug manufacturing unit in Sangli district, seizing contraband worth Rs 252 crore. The Mumbai police have arrested a key accused in a Rs 252-crore mephedrone seizure case after his deportation from Dubai, officials said ...Read More >

MUMBAI: Salim Mohammed Sohail Shaikh, an alleged key player in the drug trafficking network operated by the Dawood Ibrahim gang, has been arrested by the crime branch and remanded in police custody till October 30, officers aware of the matter told Hindustan Times. Shaikh, an alleged associate of fugitive drug lord Salim Dola, was taken into custody by the Mumbai police crime branch shortly after his deportation from Dubai, the officers said. "Shaikh was a key link between the Dawood Ibrahim g ...Read More >

In the clip, Javed Akhtar is seen commenting on the current political landscape of India. Singer Lucky Ali called Javed Akhtar "ugly as f**k" after a reel of the noted writer-poet weighing in on the Hindu-Muslim dynamic in the country started doing rounds on social media. But what exactly did Javed Akhtar say that made Lucky Ali lose his cool? In the short video, apparently from a literary event, the lyricist and screenwriter is seen commenting on the current political landscape of India. Ja ...Read More >

In a heartwarming gesture, Mumbai Police returned 800 recovered mobile phones to their legitimate owners, bringing joy to hundreds of residents on the festival of Diwali. It was part of a dedicated campaign under DCP Zone 6 aimed at tracing and restoring lost and stolen valuables, with police calling it a "special Diwali return gift". Mumbai Police also shared photos of officials returning phones to their owners. Social media hailed the officials, with users saying "Superb Move". See the viral ...Read More >
A 72-year-old Mumbai businessman was allegedly duped of Rs 58 crore in a 'digital arrest' scam, one of the largest such cyber frauds reported involving an individual. Fraudsters posing as ED and CBI officials intimidated him and his wife via video calls, claiming he was involved in a money laundering case, and pressured him to transfer money to multiple bank accounts over two months. A 72-year-old businessman in Mumbai has allegedly been duped of a staggering Rs 58 crore in a 'digital arrest' s ...Read More >
Stay updated with the latest None news, articles, and insights from trusted sources. Explore in-depth coverage and expert analysis on None topics.