Stay updated with the latest deepfake news, articles, and insights from trusted sources. Explore in-depth coverage and expert analysis on deepfake topics.

New Delhi [India], October 25 (ANI): The Election Commission of India on Friday issued an advisory to all national and state-recognised political parties regarding the usage of Artificial Intelligence-generated and synthetic content during elections. As per the advisory issued by the ECI, the misuse of synthetically generated or AI-altered content, like fake videos or deepfakes of political leaders, is harming the fairness and integrity of elections. "I am directed to state that it has been br ...Read More >

New Delhi: The IT Rules have been changed by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) to make it clear that only senior officials have the power to issue content take-down notices pursuant to section 79(3)(b) of the Information Technology Act. The updated rule, which will be effective from November 15, is expected to make the content removal process at social media companies more accountable and transparent. So far the junior officers in Central and State governments, such ...Read More >
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology on October 22 announced that from November 15, only a senior officer at the rank of joint secretary or above, or in case of law enforcement officials at the rank of deputy inspector general of police or above can send take down notices under Section 79 (3)(b) of the IT Act to social media platforms. This replaces the existing procedure of junior officials passing content take down orders. For example, till now, in State governments, police ...Read More >
NEW DELHI: India has proposed sweeping new regulations to govern artificial intelligence, aiming to curb a surge in misinformation and deepfake videos in the world's most populous nation. The Ministry of Information Technology announced the proposed amendments, citing "the growing misuse of technologies used for the creation or generation of synthetic media". "Recent incidents of deepfake audio, videos and synthetic media going viral on social platforms have demonstrated the potential of gener ...Read More >
The government has proposed compulsory declarations by all social media users when posting AI-generated or modified content, with the platforms told to deploy technical measures to verify these. The government has proposed compulsory declarations by all social media users when posting AI-generated or modified content, with the platforms told to deploy technical measures to verify these. The move is aimed at curbing the rapid rise of AI-based deepfakes on the internet, officials said. Stakehold ...Read More >

"It has become a prerequisite for each and every country to formulate a more thoughtful regulation that mitigates the challenges and harms of AI without hindering innovation." India is gearing up to introduce new legal obligations aimed at curbing the rising menace of deepfakes online. As reported by Reuters, the government on Wednesday proposed fresh regulations that would compel artificial intelligence (AI) developers and social media platforms to label any content generated by AI. The Minist ...Read More >
NEW DELHI: Concerned over the growing threat from AI-generated synthetic content and deepfakes, govt is considering amendments to the IT law to fix greater accountability on top social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Google, YouTube and X against potential misinformation and proposed that AI and social media platforms clearly label AI-generated content for easier identification by the users.Infotech minister Ashwini Vaishnaw said on Wednesday that govt has been getting requests to t ...Read More >

New Delhi: In a bid to curb user harm from AI-generated deepfakes and synthetically produced content, the IT Ministry has proposed draft amendments to IT rules that mandate labelling and prominent markers to ensure users can distinguish synthetic and authentic content and mooted greater accountability for major social media platforms. With the increasing availability of generative AI tools and the resulting proliferation of synthetically generated information (deepfakes), the potential for misu ...Read More >

The high court directed Google and Sadhguru to have a mutual meeting, where he can specifically identify the contents that fall within the exception of the Google Ads policy under which they cannot be removed, after the counsel for the company submitted that it was willing to have a collaborative approach with him to address concerns. "...thereafter, defendant no. 45 must make an endeavour to ensure that the identical or similar content is removed through its technology so as to obviate the pla ...Read More >

India is preparing to unveil comprehensive regulations for deepfake technologies, utilizing state-of-the-art tools for effective governance. Simultaneously, the nation is boosting its AI frontier by promoting locally created chipsets and attracting substantial funding from tech behemoths like Google, as it seeks to strike a balance between technological progress and the protection of society. The government is going to bring a regulation on deepfakes soon that will take help of technology for e ...Read More >

Recently, Manoj Bajpayee shocked fans by going on a rare family outing to the airport with his wife Shabana Raza and their daughter Ava Nayla. Manoj is notorious for keeping his private life private, so seeing him unwinding with his loved ones was refreshing for both fans and photographers, who couldn't resist taking pictures of the cosy family atmosphere before they went inside. Wearing a beige shirt, classic blue jeans, and brown sandals, Manoj maintained a casual yet comfortable look. His s ...Read More >

New Delhi: The Press Information Bureau's (PIB) Fact Check unit on Thursday debunked reports claiming that the government is considering raising the retirement age for public sector employees to 65. For most central government employees in India, the standard retirement age is 60. "Several articles claim that the government has announced a new policy to increase the retirement age for public sector employees to 65 years," PIB said on X. "This claim is fake. The Government of India has not anno ...Read More >

New Delhi, October 18: A message circulating on social media and via SMS claims that a parcel from India Post has arrived at a warehouse and could not be delivered due to an incomplete address. It urges recipients to update their address within 12 hours through a provided link, warning that the package will otherwise be returned. The message appears to be official and is designed to create urgency. This message is fake, as confirmed by the Press Information Bureau's (PIB) Fact Check unit. India ...Read More >

New Delhi, Oct 18 (SocialNews.XYZ) The IndiaAI Mission, in collaboration with the World Health Organization (WHO), on Saturday announced a global call for abstracts highlighting impactful and scalable applications of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in health systems. Researchers, innovators, and institutions from across the Global South are invited to submit abstracts (maximum 250 words) capturing successful, implementable, scalable AI in health use cases by October 31. Shortlisted entries will b ...Read More >
Bollywood stars like Hrithik Roshan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, and Akshay Kumar are increasingly seeking court protection for their identity and personality rights. This trend arises from the unauthorized use of their names, voices, and likeness in AI-generated content, fake endorsements, and online promotions, highlighting growing concerns over digital misuse in the entertainment industry. A growing list of Bollywood celebrities -- including Hrithik Roshan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Akshay Kumar a ...Read More >

New Delhi, October 17: In a strong rebuttal to misinformation circulating on social media, the Press Information Bureau (PIB) on Friday issued a fact check clarifying that a viral post claiming three members of the same family -- a father and his two daughters -- were martyred while serving the nation is fake. The viral post alleged that the father and his two daughters had died while serving in the Armed Forces. However, PIBFactCheck took to the social media platform 'X' to label the claim as ...Read More >
Mumbai: Offering a reprieve to actor Akshay Kumar against unknown persons and some e-commerce sites for infringing his personality rights, the Bombay High Court directed the immediate removal of certain 'deepfake' content online. The HC said its immediate interim intervention was necessary and "such content needs to be removed from the public domain immediately, not only in the interest of the actor but also in the larger public interest".Justice Arif Doctor, whose order was made available on Th ...Read More >

Mumbai, Oct 16 (PTI) The Bombay High Court has termed as alarming the realistic nature of deepfake images and videos and granted interim protection to actor Akshay Kumar over his personality rights. A bench of Justice Arif Doctor in the order passed on Wednesday termed as "truly alarming" the realistic nature of the deepfake images and videos that are being created using artificial intelligence. The order was made available on Thursday. "Both in the context of images and videos, the morphing i ...Read More >

Delhi HC has restrained them from misappropriating the name 'Akkineni Nagarjuna' or 'Nagarjuna', or his image, likeness, or other attributes of his persona that are exclusively identifiable with him. The Delhi High Court has restrained various websites and online platforms from misusing or misrepresenting Telugu actor Akkineni Nagarjuna's name, image and likeness for any unauthorised merchandising, AI-generated material or pornographic content. In an interim order passed on September 25, Justi ...Read More >

Mumbai: In the age of Artificial Intelligence, artistes are increasingly safeguarding their commercial interests and their artwork. In a major win for Telugu superstar Nagarjuna, the Delhi High Court has banned the commercial use of his name, voice, image and other things related to his personality without his consent. The High Court has restrained various websites, which were made parties in Nagarjuna's petition, from using his name, image and other things related to his personality. The webs ...Read More >

Mumbai: Telugu actor Nagarjuna has expressed gratitude to the Delhi High Court for offering protection to his personality rights. Nagarjuna, who previously approached the court against the misuse of his identity on the digital platforms, took to his X handle and wrote, "Grateful to the Hon'ble Delhi High Court for protecting my personality rights in today's digital age." He also mentioned his legal team and added, "The vital legal strategy and arguments were led by Senior Counsel Mr. Vaibhav G ...Read More >
New Delhi: The promise of Artificial Intelligence (AI) is not only real, but it is an economic necessity. Recently, NITI Aayog and the Niti Frontier Tech Hub published a report titled "AI for Viksit Bharat: The Opportunity for Accelerated Economic Growth", outlining the clear case for AI helping India to close its growth gap and meet its aspirational 2047 Viksit Bharat goal of becoming a developed economy. The report concludes that if India continues on its growth trajectory of 5.7%, the countr ...Read More >
Delhi Police have filed an FIR based on a complaint by a BJP worker regarding a deepfake video shared by the Bihar Congress unit on X. The video allegedly tarnishes Prime Minister Modi's image and disrespects his late mother. The BJP has condemned the video, while Congress defends it as a mother's advice, not disrespect. Delhi Police on Saturday registered an FIR on a BJP worker's complaint over an AI-generated "deepfake" video posted by the Bihar Congress unit on its X handle that allegedly ta ...Read More >

Guwahati: Delhi Police on Saturday registered an FIR on the basis of a BJP worker's complaint over an AI-generated "deepfake" video. The video in question was posted by the Bihar Congress unit on its X handle. Ready for a challenge? Click here to take our quiz and show off your knowledge! It allegedly played foul with the image of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his late mother Heeraben Modi, as per an official. The complainant Sanket Gupta, is the convenor of the BJP Delhi Election Cell. ...Read More >

Bengaluru, September 12: A 57-year-old retired woman from CV Raman Nagar, Bengaluru, has been duped of INR 3.75 crore by scammers who used an AI-generated deepfake video of spiritual leader Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev to promote a fraudulent investment scheme, police said Thursday. The victim, unfamiliar with deepfake technology, came across what appeared to be a genuine video of Sadhguru on social media between February 25 and April 23. The video claimed that investing USD 250 (around INR 21,000) th ...Read More >

Authorities believe this is part of a larger cybercrime racket and are proving all angles. Bengaluru: A major cyber fraud case has been reported in Bengaluru, where a woman was allegedly cheated of over Rs 3.75 crore after being lured by an AI YouTube video that showed spiritual leader Sadhguru endorsing a trading platform. The woman, a resident of CV Raman Nagar, claimed to be unaware of deepfake technology and fell for the AI-generated video of Sadhguru while she was scrolling through Youtu ...Read More >

Babydoll Archi's sudden spike in fame has now led to a new twist -- questions about whether she's even real.Source : Instagram/ishtaraamira Archita Phukan, popularly known as Babydoll Archi, has taken over Instagram and social media timelines with her eye-catching reels and glamorous pictures. Known for her bold fashion choices and confident online presence, she has racked up over 750K followers on Instagram. However, her sudden spike in fame has now led to a new twist -- questions about whethe ...Read More >

Mumbai, July 14: Archita Phukan (Amira Ishtara), an Instagram influencer who is believed to hail from Assam, recently made headlines after her photos with popular American porn star Kendra Lust went viral. Amira Ishtara, aka Babydoll Archi, has become the talk of the town, with many questioning if she is real or an AI-generated model. The question comes as multiple videos and photos appearing online showed Archita Phukan in objectionable positions with men. However, the latest development in the ...Read More >

New Delhi, July 9, 2025 -- As Indians gear up for Prime Day 2025, a new report by McAfee highlights growing consumer concern over AI-driven scams. According to McAfee's 2025 Global Prime Day Scams Study, 71% of Indian shoppers are worried about falling prey to AI-generated frauds during major retail events, with cybercriminals using increasingly sophisticated methods to exploit online buyers. McAfee Labs uncovered over 36,000 fake Amazon websites and 75,000 Amazon impersonation scam texts in th ...Read More >

New Delhi: A video circulating on social media claiming that India's External Affairs Minister Dr. S Jaishankar admitted to the loss of three Rafale fighter jets during a recent conflict with Pakistan has been found to be digitally altered using artificial intelligence tools. The video, shared widely on social media platforms including X, shows Dr. Jaishankar allegedly stating that India lost three Rafales after Pakistan retaliated during the military standoff that followed India's strike on te ...Read More >
Stay updated with the latest None news, articles, and insights from trusted sources. Explore in-depth coverage and expert analysis on None topics.