Stay updated with the latest chandrashekhar-bawankule news, articles, and insights from trusted sources. Explore in-depth coverage and expert analysis on chandrashekhar-bawankule topics.

Mumbai: In a significant relief to the real estate sector, the Maharashtra government has decided to keep Ready Reckoner (RR) rates unchanged for the financial year 2026-27. The rates, effective from April 1, 2026, will remain at the same level as 2025-26, the Office of the Inspector General of Registration and Controller of Stamps announced. Decision Taken Amid Speculation of Hike The decision was taken by Revenue Minister Chandrashekhar Bawankule following directions from Chief Minister Deve ...Read More >
NAGPUR: Maharashtra govt has approved the regularisation of residential encroachments existing on govt land since Jan 1, 2011, or earlier, free of cost for up to 500 sqft, in order to provide housing security to lakhs of low-income families. The scheme will not cover Mumbai and Mumbai Suburban districts."It is the govt's firm stand that no needy family in the state should remain without shelter," revenue minister Chandrashekhar Bawankule said in a media statement on Sunday, adding that its progr ...Read More >

Mumbai, Mar 11 (PTI) Congress Legislature party leader Vijay Waddetiwar on Wednesday alleged irregularities in the allotment of MIDC land in Ahilyanagar to private companies, claiming that around 4,000 acres were being transferred to corporate entities at undervalued rates. The transfer of these lands, which were originally under the Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC), was being done by bypassing proper procedures and causing concern among farmers, he claimed in the assembly. ...Read More >
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has said that the state is on track to become India's first trillion-dollar sub-national economy in the coming years, driven by sustained industrial growth, infrastructure expansion, and increasing technology adoption. Acknowledging that social media poses various challenges, he said the state currently has no plans to ban it for those under the age of 16. The chief minister made the remarks during an on-stage conversation with actor Aamir K ...Read More >

New Delhi, Mar 2 (PTI) Amazon India on Monday announced 'Zero Referral fee' on more than 12.5 crore products, a move, the ecommerce giant said, aims to accelerate growth for lakhs of sellers across the country. Building on last year's fee revision, the company has expanded zero referral fees coverage more than 10-times from 1.2 crore products in 2025 to over 12.5 crore products priced under Rs 1,000 across 1,800-plus categories, the company said in a release. In addition, Amazon has reduced Ea ...Read More >

NEW DELHI, March 2 (Xinhua) -- The death toll in a massive blast inside an industrial explosives manufacturing factory in the western Indian state of Maharashtra has risen to 19, officials said Monday. Twenty-three others injured in the blast are undergoing treatment at various hospitals. The blast at SBL Energy Limited took place on Sunday morning at Raulgaon village of Nagpur district, about 791 km northeast of Mumbai, the capital city of Maharashtra. "Today, an injured worker succumbed in ...Read More >

Mumbai, Mar 2 (PTI) Following are the top stories from the Western Region at 1700 HRS. BOM10 MH-FACTORY-BLAST-LD PROBE **** Nagpur blast: Probe points to company's negligence; safety agencies also liable, says minister Nagpur: Maharashtra minister Chandrashekhar Bawankule on Monday said prima facie there was "negligence" on the part of the Nagpur-based SBL Energy Limited, where a blast claimed 19 lives, and safety measures were not followed by the explosives manufacturer. **** BOM2 MH-FACTORY-B ...Read More >

A deadline of 60 days has been given to the company. Parth Pawar's firm, Amadea Enterprises LLP, has been ordered to pay the full stamp duty of Rs 21 crore with an additional fine of Rs 1.47 crore in the controversial sale of the 40-acre land in Pune's upscale Mundhwa area. The Maharashtra Department of Registration and Stamps has charged additional interest for the last seven months. The order came after the Department investigated the land transaction case in Mundhwa - sold by Sheetal Tejwan ...Read More >

Pune/Mumbai, Dec 15 (SocialNews.XYZ) Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Monday said that upcoming elections to the 29 municipal elections wherever possible, will be contested jointly. However, in Pune, there will be a friendly fight in Pune as the NCP (Ajit Pawar faction) and the BJP will contest the elections independently. "Ajit Pawar and we cannot contest the elections together in Pune and Pimpri-Chinchwad. Both of us understand politics well enough to know that if we contest together, it b ...Read More >
NEW DELHI: After a delay of nearly three years, the State Election Commission has finally announced dates for Maharashtra's long-pending civic body elections, which have been overdue since 2022. Polling will be held on January 15 for 29 municipal corporations, 32 zilla parishads and 336 panchayat samitis, with results scheduled for January 16.The elections to key urban bodies such as the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), Pune and Thane are being seen as more than routine local contests, ...Read More >

Mumbai, Dec 5 (PTI) The BJP-led Mahayuti government in Maharashtra on Friday completed one year in power, a period marked by a push for infrastructure expansion and an emphasis on investor confidence, as well as delicate balancing within the three-party coalition. While the ruling party leaders said the state saw governance with transparency and speedy decisions in the last one year, the opposition sought a "white paper" on the achievements, or the lack of it, of the Devendra Fadnavis dispensat ...Read More >

Shiv Sena (UBT) chief Uddhav Thackeray on Thursday said Mahayuti allies have started fighting among themselves, and called Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Eknath Shinde's recent meeting with Union Home Minister Amit Shah a show of "helplessness". Addressing members of the Shikshak Sena, the teacher's wing of Sena (UBT), at the MIG Club here, Thackeray took a dig at the BJP over pre-poll sops, saying what others offer citizens is "revdi" but what the ruling party gives to people is a "favour". ...Read More >
Mumbai: As the Mahayuti govt nears one year in office, the BJP's allies -- the Shiv Sena led by DCM Eknath Shinde and NCP led by DCM Ajit Pawar -- have proved to be controversial for the BJP. Led by chief minister Devendra Fadnavis, BJP has had to firefight, defend, and troubleshoot for its allies as Sena and NCP ministers faced allegations of corruption, scams, and repeated court controversies. With Parth Pawar's alleged Pune land scam now coming to light, political observers note that in the f ...Read More >

Mumbai, Nov 4 (PTI) The Maharashtra Congress on Tuesday said the Election Commission should take immediate cognisance of the demand of the Opposition parties to rectify "irregularities" in the voters' lists ahead of the local body polls, citing that leaders from the ruling dispensation had made similar claims. Maharashtra Congress general secretary Sachin Sawant said political parties are an essential part of democracy, and the electoral process is incomplete without them. "When all Opposition ...Read More >
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis urged Prahar Janshakti Party leader Bachchu Kadu to engage in dialogue over farmers' issues instead of holding disruptive agitations. Fadnavis highlighted the government's positive approach and willingness to discuss demands, including a loan waiver, emphasizing that solutions require discussion, not protests that inconvenience the public and risk exploitation by vested interests. Maharashtra Chief Minister on Wednesday appealed to Prahar Janshakti P ...Read More >
Nagpur: Maharashtra revenue minister Chandrashekhar Bawankule on Tuesday expressed confidence that the ruling alliance in the state would remain intact and emerge victorious in the upcoming local body polls that included Zilla Parishad, Nagar Panchayat, and municipal corporations. He reiterated that the Mahayuti would "secure 51% of the total votes.""The Mahayuti will definitely happen, and we will win the people's mandate together," Bawankule said, responding to queries about Union home ministe ...Read More >
Uddhav Thackeray has accused the ruling BJP of "vote theft," claiming the government now selects voters instead of voters electing governments. He called for a case against the Election Commissioner for "corrupt practice" involving bogus voters, vowing they would face trial after the Lok Sabha polls. Thackeray labelled the BJP a "bogus gang" for allegedly breaking parties and "stealing" votes. Shiv Sena (UBT) chief Uddhav Thackeray on Monday accused the ruling BJP of vote theft by asserting tha ...Read More >

Mumbai, Oct 28 (PTI) The Maharashtra government has finalised a policy promoting the use of artificial sand for construction activities and issued an official order to this effect, Revenue Minister Chandrashekhar Bawankule said on Tuesday. In a letter to all district collectors, Bawankule directed the immediate implementation of the policy. The government has delegated powers to approve the artificial sand, or M-Sand (manufactured sand), units to district collectors, who can now sanction up to ...Read More >

Mumbai, Oct 27 (SocialNews.XYZ) Maharashtra Revenue Minister and former state BJP chief Chandrashekhar Bawankule hit back at Shiv Sena UBT chief Uddhav Thackeray, saying that the one who labels others an anaconda should look in the mirror as he is the python sitting at home, who hisses at the hard work of others. "Uddhav Thackeray is frustrated and is in despair. His mental balance is deteriorating after the crushing defeat in the assembly elections. In that same mental state, Uddhav Thackeray ...Read More >

Nagpur: Maharashtra's ongoing sand shortage is expected to ease significantly within the next 15 days, revenue minister Chandrashekhar Bawankule said on Saturday. The revenue department has readied the auction of 350 sand ghats, while over 500 sand depots have already been made operational across the state, he added. Speaking to the media in Nagpur, Bawankule said that the shortage was temporary and stemmed from the annual three-month ban on sand excavation between June 30 and September 30, impo ...Read More >
Mumbai: The Shiv Sena (UBT) took a dig at chief minister Devendra Fadnavis after revenue minister Chandrashekhar Bawankule gave a statement warning BJP workers that their mobile phones and WhatsApp groups are "under surveillance". An editorial in Saamna, the party mouthpiece, said Bawankule is an important member of 'Team Devendra'. Therefore, the statement he made regarding phone tapping cannot be left to chance. "Devendra has made more enemies within the party. Fadnavis is not in home minister ...Read More >

Patna (Bihar) [India], October 25 (ANI): The four-day-long festival of Chhath commenced on Saturday with the first ritual, 'Nahay Khay,' drawing massive crowds at various ghats across Bihar. Devotees thronged riverbanks to take a holy dip and offer prayers to the Sun God, marking the beginning of the auspicious Chhath Mahaparv. The ritual of 'Nahay-Khay' was observed at ghats in Danapur, including Fakkar Mahto Ghat, Gurudwara Ghat, and Nariyal Ghat, as devotees performed the sacred bathing cere ...Read More >

Mumbai, October 24: In the run-up to the upcoming local and civic body elections in Maharashtra, Revenue Minister and former state BJP chief Chandrashekhar Bawankule made a sensational statement claiming that everyone's mobile phones and WhatsApp accounts had been put under surveillance. He made this remark while speaking at a BJP function on October 23. However, after Shiv Sena MP Sanjay Raut slammed him and demanded his arrest, Minister Bawankule on Friday issued a clarification, stating that ...Read More >

NAGPUR/MUMBAI: Senior BJP leader and state revenue minister Chandrashekhar Bawankule has kicked up a controversy after claiming in a party meeting that the mobile phones and WhatsApp activities of BJP workers are under surveillance ahead of the upcoming local body elections. Demanding Bawankule's arrest, Shiv Sena (UBT) MP Sanjay Raut alleged that the phones of opposition leaders and ruling alliance partners too were being tapped by the BJP. Addressing party workers in Bhandara on Thursday, Baw ...Read More >

Mumbai: Maharashtra revenue minister and senior BJP leader Chandrashekhar Bawankule sparked a row by warning his party workers that their mobile phones and WhatsApp groups are being monitored ahead of the upcoming local body elections. Reacting strongly to his remarks, Shiv Sena (UBT) leader Sanjay Raut demanded Bawankule's arrest and alleged that the phones of several Opposition leaders were also being tapped in this manner. Speaking at a Diwali gathering in Bhandara, he urged party members to ...Read More >

PUNE: Union home and cooperation minister Amit Shah on Sunday assured that the central government will provide financial assistance to farmers in Maharashtra who have suffered extensive crop losses due to excessive rainfall. Addressing a public function in Pravaranagar in Ahilyanagar district of Maharashtra, Shah said the Centre "stands firmly with the farming community" and will extend timely compensation once the state government submits its formal damage assessment. "I had a detailed meetin ...Read More >
Mumbai: Maharashtra govt on Friday introduced a system that allows citizens to pay stamp duty online and obtain e-stamp certificates, thus eliminating the need to visit licensed vendors.The Maharashtra Stamp Bill, meant to enable this digital transformation to bring in more transparency and public convenience, was passed by the state legislature in March, said revenue minister Chandrashekhar Bawankule. "In a first, the department of registration and stamps has introduced electronic bonds. Throug ...Read More >
Speaking after the state cabinet meeting, Fadnavis said that the government has already declared and disbursed Rs 2,215 crore for crop damage that occurred in July and August. Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis said on Tuesday that nearly 60 lakh hectares of land in the state have been impacted in heavy rain over the past week and flooding. A full assessment of the damage is still underway, and a final aid package for farmers will be announced in the next cabinet meeting, with the aim ...Read More >

Pune: In recent days, it can be said that Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is more active than ever, as he is making regular visits and holding key meetings with the city BJP from time to time. Pune district, traditionally a bastion of the Pawar family from Baramati, saw a change in 2017, when two key municipal elections of Pune and Pimpri-Chinchwad were won by the BJP. However, both factions of the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) still hold power ...Read More >
MUMBAI: The OBC versus Maratha community tussle over reservation is heating up with OBC leader and NCP minister Chhagan Bhujbal on Friday taking his own government to task for bending backwards for the Maratha community on reservations. "The Maratha community gets Rs 25,000 crore (under various state government schemes whereas the OBC community gets Rs 5,000 crore. Where is justice in this. For the Maratha community there are newer announcements (of govt schemes) almost every other day," said B ...Read More >
Stay updated with the latest None news, articles, and insights from trusted sources. Explore in-depth coverage and expert analysis on None topics.