Stay updated with the latest marathi-people news, articles, and insights from trusted sources. Explore in-depth coverage and expert analysis on marathi-people topics.

Mumbai, Sep 1 (PTI) Maharashtra Minister Chhagan Bhujbal on Monday warned of massive protests by members of OBC communities if any attempt is made to disturb their existing reservation for accommodating Marathas. Opposing the Other Backward Classes status for Marathas, the senior leader claimed that only 17 per cent reservation is available for 374 communities in Maharashtra. Citing government data, Bhujbal claimed that eight per cent of EWS quota beneficiaries are members of the Maratha commu ...Read More >
Mumbai: Actress Sumona Chakravarti took to Instagram to say her car was mobbed by Maratha quota agitators as she travelled from Colaba to Fort at 12.30pm Sunday. After her post went viral, she deleted it.Sumona wrote: "12:30 this afternoon. I'm driving from Colaba to Fort. And suddenly -- my car is blocked by a mob. One man with an orange stole banging on my bonnet, smirking. Pressing his protruding belly against my car. Shimmying in front of me like he's proving some sick point. His friends ban ...Read More >
Manoj Jarange initiates a hunger strike at Azad Maidan in Mumbai. He demands Maratha reservation under the OBC category. Thousands of supporters gather, causing traffic disruptions. Jarange vows to continue until demands are met. The Maharashtra government expresses readiness for talks. Opposition parties support Jarange. Rain causes inconvenience to protesters. Police allowed protest for one day only. Maratha quota movement leader Manoj Jarange began his indefinite hunger strike at the Azad Ma ...Read More >

MUMBAI: Maratha quota movement leader Manoj Jarange began his indefinite hunger strike at the Azad Maidan in south Mumbai on Friday, vowing not to leave till the community's demands were met. The government said it was ready to talk with him over his demands, while many MPs and MLAs from the state's Marathwada region visited Jarange at the protest venue. The 43-year-old activist received a rousing welcome from thousands of supporters, sporting saffron caps, scarves and flags, after he reached ...Read More >

Mumbai, Aug 28 (PTI) Facing a fresh agitation for Maratha reservation, Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Thursday said his government was committed to protect the interests of both the Marathas and OBCs. The BJP-led government did not intend to pit the two communities against each other, he told reporters, as Maratha leader Manoj Jarange is set to launch an indefinite hunger strike for quota in Mumbai from Friday. Jarange has been demanding that all Marathas be recognised as Kunb ...Read More >

New Delhi, Aug 28 (PTI) India's gains from importing discounted Russian oil are estimated to be just USD 2.5 billion per annum, significantly lower than the previously speculated range of USD 10-25 billion, a research report said on Thursday. Stopping Russian oil imports would force India, the world's third-largest oil importer and consumer, to rely on limited alternatives, potentially driving global crude prices up to USD 100 per barrel amid rising demand and tight supply. "Benefit from Russi ...Read More >

Mumbai: Shiv Sena (UBT) leader Sanjay Raut on Thursday said Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis should hold a dialogue with Maratha quota activist Manoj Jarange and address the reservation issue with patience. Talking to reporters, Raut said the government had held talks with Jarange before the Lok Sabha polls. Jarange, who has been demanding a 10 per cent quota for Marathas under the Other Backward Classes (OBC) category, on Wednesday set out for Mumbai from his native Antarwali Sarat ...Read More >

Pune, Aug 28 (SocialNews.XYZ) Pro-Maratha reservation activist Manoj Jarange-Patil, who has reached the Shivneri fort in Pune district with a large number of supporters during his march to Mumbai, on Thursday attacked the Mahayuti government, saying that the permission granted by the Mumbai Police to hold an agitation at Azad Maiden for a day was a joke. He clarified that the permission for just a one-day protest is not acceptable, reiterating his decision to undertake an indefinite fast in sup ...Read More >

Mumbai, Aug 28 (PTI) The Maharashtra government is ready to talk with Maratha activist Manoj Jarange, but the efforts will have no meaning if he is rigid about bringing his protest to Mumbai, state minister Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil said on Thursday. The water resources minister, who heads the cabinet sub-committee on Maratha quota, told reporters in Shirdi that talks would eventually take place with Jarange in Mumbai if he decides to proceed to the state capital. The cabinet sub-committee will ...Read More >

Mumbai, Aug 26 (PTI) The BJP has requested Maratha quota activist Manoj Jarange to join discussions with the Maharashtra government and reconsider his plan to hold demonstrations in Mumbai during the Ganesh festival. Jarange has refused to relent even after an Officer on Special Duty from Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis's office met him in Antarwali Sarathi to conciliate him on Tuesday. He has been demanding that all Marathas be recognised as Kunbis -- an agrarian caste included in the OBC ca ...Read More >

Manoj Jarange declined the Maharashtra government's request to postpone the Maratha quota demonstration in Mumbai despite the Ganesh festival. He insisted on a 10% reservation for Marathas under the OBC category, threatening a peaceful march to Mumbai if the demand isn't met. Jarange emphasized the Marathas' dwindling patience and readiness for action, urging the government to grant their rights. The Maharashtra government's bid to dissuade Manoj Jarange from demonstrating in Mumbai seems to ha ...Read More >

Chandrapur, Aug 26 (PTI) Members of the BJP's OBC wing on Tuesday demonstrated in Chandrapur against Maratha leader Manoj Jarange, who has been pushing for a 10 per cent quota for Marathas under the Other Backward Classes category. The protesters opposed Jarange's "unconstitutional" demand for absorbing Marathas under the OBC grouping. "We are not against granting Kunbi certificates to Maratha families whose records are verified, but we will always oppose giving the reservation to the Maratha c ...Read More >

Mumbai, Aug 25 (PTI) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Monday accused Maratha quota agitation spearhead Manoj Jarange of making foul remarks against the mother of Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, a charge denied by the activist. Saffron party leaders alleged Jarange, who has warned of launching a new phase of agitation for Maratha quota in government jobs and education later this week, harbours hatred towards Fadnavis and his family. Senior BJP leader and MLC Pravin Darekar said ...Read More >
Bengaluru: For millions of people, the sudden, sharp pain of tooth due to sensitivity can turn a sip of cold water into a jolt. Now, researchers at Indian Institute of Science (IISc), in collaboration with Bengaluru-based deep-tech startup Theranautilus, have engineered "CalBots" - magnetic nanobots that can seal the problem at its source.As per IISc, CalBots are 400-nanometre particles loaded with a calcium silicate-based bioceramic formula, designed to travel 500 micrometres deep inside dentin ...Read More >

MUMBAI: The outsider-insider debate surfaced yet again on Wednesday as members of Marathi Ekikaran Samitee converged at the Dadar Kabutarkhana to protest the Jain community's recent resistance towards a ban on pigeon feeding. Around 100 members of the Samitee turned up at the spot, blaming "outsider Jains from Gujarat and Rajasthan creating unnecessary controversy over pigeon feeding". The activists alleged that when protests by the Jain community broke out last week against the Brihanmumbai Mu ...Read More >

MUMBAI: The Ajit Pawar-led Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) has reinstated Maharashtra youth leader Suraj Chavan into the party's organisational fold, barely three weeks after removing him over a violent altercation that went viral on social media. Chavan has now been appointed general secretary of the state unit. Chavan was sacked as state youth president on July 21 after a video surfaced showing him and other NCP workers punching and elbowing Vijay Ghadge, the state president of Maratha outfi ...Read More >

Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) activists attacked and vandalized Night Riders Bar in Panvel, Navi Mumbai, late Saturday night. The MNS workers stormed the establishment, destroying furniture and liquor bottles, causing significant property damage. Police have initiated an investigation, collecting CCTV footage and witness statements, emphasizing that no one is above the law following the incident. Activists of the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) launched an attack at a dance bar in Navi Mumb ...Read More >

Thackeray's remarks came as Maharashtra recently witnessed a growing Hindi-Marathi language controversy Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray on Saturday hit out at the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), accusing it of having a double standard over protecting regional identity. Thackeray pointed to Gujarat as an example to support his argument. The MNS chief, while addressing a gathering in Maharashtra's Raigad, stated that although Biharis were expelled from Gujarat twice, the leade ...Read More >

Mumbai: Shiv Sena (UBT) MP Sanjay Raut on Sunday said his party would resort to violence if needed for the sake of Marathi and dared chief minister Devendra Fadnavis to do whatever he wanted in response, after Fadnavis threatened punitive action against those violating the law over the language issue. "Chief minister Devendra Fadnavis, for the sake of Marathi, we will resort to violence. Do whatever you want. This is Maharashtra and it belongs to the people who speak Marathi. One hundred and si ...Read More >

Mumbai: Shiv Sena (UBT) chief Uddhav Thackeray has questioned the rationale behind the Maha Vikas Aghadi (MVA) alliance if mistakes like delays in finalising seat-sharing agreements and selecting candidates during the 2024 Maharashtra assembly elections are repeated. He emphasised that the euphoria following the MVA's impressive performance in the 2024 Lok Sabha elections morphed into individual egos focused on securing party-wise victories during the assembly elections, ultimately leading to t ...Read More >

Mr Dubey defended his earlier statements and said he would not retract them. ShowQuick Read Summary is AI-generated, newsroom-reviewed * Nishikant Dubey refused to retract his earlier threat against Marathi people in Maharashtra * Raj Thackeray warned Dubey of drowning him in Mumbai's sea in response to the threat * Raj Thackeray opposed Hindi imposition and urged residents to learn Marathi urgently Did our AI summary help? Let us know. New Delhi: BJP leader Nishikant Dubey, responding ...Read More >

Speaking at the rally, Raj also said he was not opposed to any language. ShowQuick Read Summary is AI-generated, newsroom-reviewed * Raj Thackeray said MNS will shut schools if Hindi is made mandatory in Classes 1-5 in Maharashtra * He spoke at a rally in Mira Bhayandar near Mumbai about Hindi education in state schools * Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis stated Hindi will be taught in state schools at any cost Did our AI summary help? Let us know. Mumbai: MNS chief Raj Thackeray on Frid ...Read More >

Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], July 19 (ANI): Shiv Sena (UBT) spokesperson Anand Dubey on Saturday slammed BJP MP Nishikant Dubey for his 'patak-patak kar maarenge' remarks and defended MNS chief Raj Thackeray's statement. Anand Dubey said that the BJP did not condemn Nishikant Dubey's statement and added that Raj Thackeray, being a politician, was simply hitting back when he said 'dubo dubo ke maarenge'. Anand Dubey told ANI, 'Nishikant Dubey started it and said, 'Marathi people do not have a ...Read More >

Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], July 19 (ANI): Shiv Sena (UBT) spokesperson Anand Dubey on Saturday slammed BJP MP Nishikant Dubey for his patak-patak kar maarenge remarks and defended MNS chief Raj Thackeray statement. Anand Dubey said that the BJP did not condemn Nishikant Dubey statement and added that Raj Thackeray, being a politician, was simply hitting back when he said dubo dubo ke maarenge. Anand Dubey told ANI, Nishikant Dubey started it and said, Marathi people do not have a contributi ...Read More >
Jaipur: Union minister of state for social justice and empowerment Ramdas Athawale voiced strong support for Prime Minister Narendra Modi to remain in office until 2029, passing over RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat's recent remark on retirement age guideline of 75 years.Speaking to reporters here on Wednesday, the Republican Party of India (A) chief emphasised his party's stance as an NDA constituent. "It is my party's view that Modi should remain the PM till 2029. What RSS says about retiring at 75, I ...Read More >

MNS workers can be seen warning others against disrespecting the Marathi language and culture. A Vikroli-based Marwadi shopkeeper was assaulted by local Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) workers after he allegedly posted a WhatsApp status "insulting the Marathi Manoos (Marathi-speaking people)". The incident took place outside his shop, where the MNS members confronted him, physically assaulted him, and forced him to issue a public apology to the entire Marathi community. According to reports, ...Read More >

New Delhi, July 18: Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) is exploring the possibility of hosting India for a white-ball series in early August, taking advantage of a rare opening in both nations' schedules. Final discussions are expected to take place this week on the sidelines of the ICC meetings in Singapore. This follows after the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) and the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) mutually agreed to defer the white-ball series, three ODIs and three Twenty20 Internationals, ...Read More >

Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray on Friday hit back at Bharatiya Janata Party MP Nishikant Dubey over his recent "patak patak ke maarenge" remark, daring him to come to Mumbai. Raj Thackeray took aim at Nishikant Dubey's comments, saying, "A BJP MP said 'Marathi logon ko hum yahan pe patak patak ke maarenge' (we will thrash Marathi people here mercilessly)... You come to Mumbai. Mumbai ke samundar mein dubo dubo ke maarenge. (We will thrash them by drowning them repeatedly i ...Read More >

New Delhi, July 18 (SocialNews.XYZ) Punjab Governor and Chandigarh Administrator, Gulab Chand Kataria, on Friday discussed critical developmental issues concerning Chandigarh and Punjab, particularly in areas of public transport, tourism infrastructure, and environmental sustainability, with Union ministers here. At a meeting with Minister for Housing and Urban Affairs Manohar Lal Khattar, the Governor raised the pending matter regarding the sanctioning of 328 electric buses for Chandigarh unde ...Read More >

New Delhi: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray has launched a sharp counterattack against BJP MP Nishikant Dubey over his controversial "patak patak ke maarenge" remark targeting Marathi people. In a fiery public address, Thackeray warned, "You come to Mumbai, we will drown you in the sea here, Dubey, tum Mumbai me aajao, Mumbai Ke Samundar Mein Dubo Dubo ke Maarenge" The war of words comes amid an escalating row over language politics in Maharashtra, with the MNS chief making ...Read More >
Stay updated with the latest None news, articles, and insights from trusted sources. Explore in-depth coverage and expert analysis on None topics.