Stay updated with the latest insurgency news, articles, and insights from trusted sources. Explore in-depth coverage and expert analysis on insurgency topics.

New Delhi [India], March 31 (ANI): Indian Army and Assam Rifles formations under Spear Corps, in close coordination with Manipur Police, conducted a series of precise, intelligence-based joint operations across Imphal East, Imphal West, Bishnupur, Chandel, Kangpokpi, Churachandpur and Tengnoupal districts over the past week. The operations led to the apprehension of 17 cadres from hill and valley-based groups and the recovery of 17 weapons, along with explosives and other war-like stores, accor ...Read More >

ITANAGAR, 31 Mar: An insurgent belonging to the NSCN (IM) surrendered in Changlang district on Monday, police said. Changlang Superintendent of Police Kirli Padu said the militant has been identified as 30-year-old Jungron Chena, a resident of Manmao in the district. Chena surrendered with a .32mm pistol, a magazine, five .32 cartridges, and a handset with SIM before the Changlang police, in the presence of senior police officers and personnel of the Assam Rifles. The SP said the surrendered ...Read More >

Interacting with BJP booth-level workers via the NaMo app, Modi urged them to inform voters about the threats posed by illegal immigrants and steps taken to address the issue. "The issue of illegal immigrants is not just an election slogan. It is an issue that is related to Assam's identity, and security of the state and the nation. It concerns the land of farmers, the livelihoods of poor and Adivasis and security of women too," he said. He alleged that Congress's policies had encouraged illeg ...Read More >
RAIPUR: Declaring March 31 a "historic" and "unforgettable" day for Chhattisgarh, deputy chief minister and home minister Vijay Sharma on Tuesday claimed that armed Naxalism had come to an end in the state, capping what he described as the collapse of a five-decade insurgency in just two years.Addressing the media in Raipur, Sharma said the armed Maoist structure in Chhattisgarh had been dismantled and that only a small number of scattered cadres remained, mostly without weapons. The declaration ...Read More >

DANTEWADA: Indian police displayed large caches of seized arms and ammunition on Tuesday. The display came a day after officials declared the end of the six-decade-long Maoist insurgency. The haul in Bastar's Dantewada district ranged from crude mortars to carbine rifles looted from security forces. Officials said the display signalled that remaining rebels were "joining the mainstream". Five former insurgents were presented copies of India's constitution during the event. Bastar police chief ...Read More >

Tezpur/Dergaon (Assam), Mar 31 (PTI) Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday slammed the Congress at a poll rally in Assam, accusing it of having "abused" the talent and capabilities of the state's youths and urged people to never forgive the party. Alleging that the Congress was only concerned about Bangladeshi infiltrators, he claimed the grand old party had meted out "step-motherly" treatment towards Assam during its rule. Addressing two election rallies in support of NDA candidates in Te ...Read More >

Raipur, Mar 31 (PTI) Chief Minister Vishnu Deo Sai on Tuesday asserted Chhattisgarh was now "free" of Naxalism and described March 31, the deadline set by the Centre to eradicate Maoism, as a "historic" day for the state, which was once a hotbed of the violent movement. Targeting the Opposition Congress, Sai alleged that during the 'Bharat Jodo Yatra', party leader Rahul Gandhi had shared the stage with Naxalites at several locations. Speaking on sidelines of a programme in Raipur, the CM than ...Read More >

Indian security forces, including reserve guards seen in this 2025 photograph, in Bastar, have been battling Maoist fighters for decades India's decades-old Maoist insurgency has been effectively defeated, fulfilling a long-standing deadline to "eradicate" the movement after a sustained military offensive, officials said Monday. Home Minster Amit Shah told parliament that India was "free" of the rebels, known as the Naxals, with only final steps of military operations remaining. The nearly si ...Read More >

Guwahati: Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, who on Tuesday joined the election campaign in Assam, criticised the Congress Party for neglecting Assam, accusing it of subjecting the state to "step-motherly treatment." Addressing an election rally for NDA candidate and Asom Gana Parishad leader Prithviraj Rabha in Tezpur its r, Mr Singh expressed confidence in the BJP-led alliance's victory in the upcoming state assembly elections. Lauding the state for its cultural and natural richness, Mr Singh s ...Read More >

Tezpur (Assam) [India], March 31 (ANI): Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday launched an attack against Congress, accusing the party of neglecting Assam and subjecting the state to "step-motherly treatment." Addressing an election rally in Tezpur, NDA candidate and Asom Gana Parishad leader Prithviraj Rabha, Rajnath Singh, expressed confidence in the BJP-led alliance's victory in the state assembly polls. The Union Minister said, "The land of Assam is rich in both culture and nature. The ...Read More >

Lucknow, March 31 (SocialNews.XYZ) Ministers in Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday welcomed Union Home Minister Amit Shah's announcement that India has virtually become Maoist-free, stating that the central and state-level leadership structures of the insurgent movement have been almost entirely dismantled just ahead of the government's self-imposed deadline of March 31. The leaders expressed gratitude to the Centre for its sustained and proactive efforts to curb Maoist activity across the country, sayin ...Read More >

BASTAR (India), March 31 -- India yesterday declared the country free of the Maoist insurgency, fulfilling a long-standing deadline to defeat the decades-long rebellion. Home Minster Amit Shah told parliament India was "free" of the rebels, known as Naxals. "I can say it openly, that we have become Naxal-free -- there is no hesitation in saying this," Shah told parliament, adding that "once the entire operation is completed, I will also inform the country." India in the last two years stepped ...Read More >

In an order dated March 27 passed by NIA special judge Prashant Sharma of Patiala House Courts, extending the custody of the seven foreign nationals by ten days, the court posed multiple questions, "Why did the accused persons come to India? Why did they travel to Myanmar? What was their objective in using drones? Did the accused persons use drones for imparting training to any person?" The court said that it was required to be investigated whether any Indian or any member of a rebel ethnic gro ...Read More >

Raipur: As the Union Home Minister Amit Shah's set deadline to eradicate Left-Wing Extremism ends today (March 31), Chhattisgarh Deputy Chief Minister Vijay Sharma has claimed that armed Naxals in the state have been "completely eliminated", with a handful of remaining cadres expected to surrender soon. Sharma on Monday evening said setting a clear deadline two years ago to end Naxalism by March 31, 2026, coupled with technology-driven intelligence and precise security force operations, proved ...Read More >

Imphal: Security forces on Monday carried out a series of coordinated operations across Manipur, arresting three individuals allegedly involved in extortion and linked to proscribed insurgent groups, officials said. In Kakching district, security personnel arrested Mayengbam Amitap Singh (32), also known by the aliases Mukabala and Khaba, from Wabagai Thingel Leikai under the jurisdiction of Hiyanglam Police Station. He has been identified as a self-styled Sergeant Major of the Kangleipak Commu ...Read More >

India's multi-pronged strategy of combining security operations with rehabilitation and development initiatives is proving effective in curbing the long-standing Naxalite insurgency, leading to significant surrenders and a weakening of the movement. IMAGE: A view of 108 Maoists surrendering with weapons, cash, and gold before the police in Jagdalpur, Chhattisgarh, March 11, 2026. Photograph: ANI Photo Key Points Over 10,000 Maoists have surrendered in the last decade due to increased security p ...Read More >

Mumbai: Leader of the Shiv Sena Parliamentary Party, Shrikant Shinde on Monday launched a sharp attack on the Congress in the Lok Sabha, holding its past policies responsible for the spread of Naxalism in the country, while crediting the current government for bringing the situation under control. Insurgency began in Naxalbari in 1967 Participating in a discussion under Rule 193 on tackling Left-wing extremism, Shinde said the insurgency, which began in Naxalbari in 1967, expanded across multi ...Read More >

New Delhi [India], March 31 (ANI): While seeking further custody of seven foreigners, including 6 Ukrainians and one US citizen, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) said that new facts have revealed the accused persons' involvement in the offence of Conspiracy of terrorist act under Section 18 of UAPA. It also said that there are several aspects, including why the accused persons came to India; why they went to Myanmar; whether drones were used for imparting training; and whether they are l ...Read More >

BASTAR: India on Monday declared the country free of the Maoist insurgency, fulfilling a long-standing deadline to defeat the decades-long rebellion. Home Minister Amit Shah told parliament India was "free" of the rebels, known as Naxals. "I can say it openly, that we have become Naxal-free -- there is no hesitation in saying this," Shah told parliament, adding that "once the entire operation is completed, I will also inform the country." India in the last two years stepped up its campaign agai ...Read More >

New Delhi: A group of paramilitary officers have petitioned Home Minister Amit Shah to reconsider the CAPF (General Administration) Bill, 2026, saying that it would reduce them to "second-class citizens" within the organisation they have been serving. The officers argued that the Bill cements a "glass ceiling" by reserving top leadership roles for IPS deputationists, permanently barring cadre officers from heading their own organisations. PTI has seen some of these one-page letters written by ...Read More >

The Indian Premier League (IPL) 2026 season has barely begun, but it has already delivered its first major controversy. Following Kolkata Knight Riders' (KKR) six-wicket defeat to Mumbai Indians (MI) at the Wankhede Stadium, a pointed remark from captain Ajinkya Rahane has triggered a wider debate - forcing Cricket Australia (CA) to step in with a clarification. At the centre of the storm is Cameron Green, KKR's high-profile signing worth INR 25.20 crore, who did not bowl a single over despite ...Read More >

New Delhi: Accusing the Congress of "allowing" land grabbing by infiltrators, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Monday that infiltration into Assam is not just an election issue but is about safeguarding the identity of the state and national security. Addressing virtually the BJP's booth-level workers in Assam ahead of the April 9 assembly polls, Modi said that the state saw a long span of instability, but things changed over the past decade as the party's double-engine government made ever ...Read More >

Devji surrendered in Mulugu district alongside at least 20 other cadres ShowQuick Read Summary is AI-generated, newsroom-reviewed * Devji surrendered with 20 cadres, including senior member Malla Raji Reddy in Mulugu district * He was a key military strategist linked to attacks killing over 250 security forces and civilians * Devji's surrender leaves only one active politburo member and five Central Committee members Did our AI summary help? Let us know. Switch To Beeps Mode Hyderabad: ...Read More >

New Delhi [India], February 24 (ANI): While directing Delhi Police to supply a copy of the FIR to the accused in the AI Summit protest case, the Patiala House court on Tuesday observed that mere categorisation of the case as a 'sensitive' by the police is not conclusive and the court must examine the nature of the offence. "Here, allegations stem from a symbolic protest at Bharat Mandapam, lacking hallmarks of terrorism/insurgency. Thus, it does not qualify as sensitive; the Investigation Offic ...Read More >

New Delhi, Dec 17 (SocialNews.XYZ) Even after 54 years of Bangladesh's birth, there are blatant attempts to contrive and concoct historical narratives to absolve certain quarters of their treason and blame India, observed an opinion piece in a Dhaka-based newspaper on Wednesday, December 17. Calling it "mischievous manipulation of established historical facts", the Daily Star article quoted a recent statement from Jamaat-e-Islami Secretary General Mia Golam Porwar claiming it was India who had ...Read More >

ISLAMABAD: Indian authorities have confirmed that Sajid Akram, one of the perpetrators of the deadly terror attack at Sydney's Bondi Beach, was an Indian citizen originating from Hyderabad in Telangana. Akram, aged 50, migrated to Australia in 1998 and held an Indian passport at the time of the incident. Telangana Police stated that his radicalisation showed no links to India.The attack on December 14, 2025, targeted a Hanukkah celebration, resulting in 15 deaths and over 40 injuries. Australian ...Read More >

Imphal: Manipur Police and security forces arrested six cadres of banned outfits, including proscribed factions of the People's Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (Progressive) and the United National Liberation Front, during search operations across several districts of Manipur on Saturday, officials said. An active cadre of the People's Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (Progressive) {PREPAK (PRO)}, identified as Thangjam Priyobarta Singh alias Yokkhatpa (35) from Kumbi Mayai Leikai in Bishnup ...Read More >

New Delhi: Sajid Akram, one of the accused in the Bondi Beach shooting in Sydney, Australia, has been identified as a native of Hyderabad, Telangana. Akram, 50, migrated to Australia 27 years ago in search of employment and had limited contact with his family in Hyderabad. The shooting, which occurred on December 14, 2025, killed 16 people, including Akram, and injured 40 others. Akram's son, Naveed Akram, 24, was also involved in the attack and is currently hospitalized under police guard. Ac ...Read More >

Raipur/Bijapur, Dec 16 (SocialNews.XYZ) In an incident highlighting the persistent threat of Naxalite tactics in Chhattisgarh's Bastar region, two commandos from the Central Reserve Police Force's (CRPF) elite Commando Battalion for Resolute Action (CoBRA) unit have sustained minor injuries in an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) blast. The explosion occurred on Monday in the dense forests of the Pillur-Kandlaparti area under Farsegarh police station limits in Bijapur district, a known Naxal-af ...Read More >

Raipur: In an incident highlighting the persistent threat of Naxalite tactics in Chhattisgarh's Bastar region, two commandos from the Central Reserve Police Force's (CRPF) elite Commando Battalion for Resolute Action (CoBRA) unit have sustained minor injuries in an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) blast. Details The explosion occurred on Monday in the dense forests of the Pillur-Kandlaparti area under Farsegarh police station limits in Bijapur district, a known Naxal-affected zone. A joint t ...Read More >
Stay updated with the latest None news, articles, and insights from trusted sources. Explore in-depth coverage and expert analysis on None topics.