Stay updated with the latest Other news, articles, and insights from trusted sources. Explore in-depth coverage and expert analysis on Other topics.

Belthangady: Two decades after her daughter mysteriously disappeared during a visit to Dharmasthala, Sujata Bhat (60), the mother of missing MBBS student Ananya Bhat, formally filed a police complaint at Dharmasthala Police Station on Monday evening seeking fresh probe into the matter in light of the recent revealations in the Dharmasthala Mass Burial case. Earlier in the day, Sujata Bhat, accompanied by her advocate Manjunath N, met the Superintendent of Police of Dakshina Kannada district, seeking justice and a renewed investigation into the case. Based on the SP's advice, she later visited the Dharmasthala Police Station and submitted her complaint around 8 PM to Sub-Inspector Samarth R. Ganiger. Ananya Bhat, who was 20 years old and studying MBBS, had gone missing in 2003 after visiting the Dharmasthala temple along with two of her friends. Despite efforts, the family received no information about her whereabouts for 22 years. The case has gained renewed attention in light of the recent mass burial allegations in Dharmasthala. A former sanitation worker recently submitted a letter to the police, claiming that he had buried several bodies under pressure. He later appeared before the Belthangady court and gave a sworn statement, also producing a human skeleton, which has been sent for forensic examination. After watching reports of the mass burial allegations on YouTube, Sujata Bhat was prompted to take legal steps. In her statement to the media from the Dharmasthala police station, she said: "I came here not to accuse anyone. I only want the remains of my daughter, if found, to be handed over to me after a proper DNA test. I want to give her a dignified farewell as per Hindu customs. I don't want anything else." Police have registered the complaint and assured that further investigation will follow.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Friday received the second bomb threat in less than a month. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Friday received the second bomb threat in less than a month, which was reportedly delivered via email in Russian language to the bank's official website. Acting on the bank's complaint, the Mumbai Police launched an investigation and filed a case against an unknown individual at the Mata Ramabai Marg (MRA Marg) police station. The Zone 1 DCP of the Mumbai Police sa ...Read More >
Sambhal (Uttar Pradesh) [India], January 2 (ANI): The court commissioner submitted his survey report in Chandausi Court in the Sambhal Jama Masjid-Harihar case on Thursday. Tensions in Sambhal have been high since November 19, when a local court ordered a survey of the mosque. Clashes between protestors and police over the court-ordered survey of the Jama Masjid resulted in four deaths. Also Read | Karnataka Contractor Suicide Row: BJP Sends Sachin Panchal's Death Note to Lok Sabha LoP Rahul Gandhi; Congress Leader Priyank Kharge Says 'Party Set for Humiliation'. On December 30, a delegatio ...Read More >

Bengaluru, June 5 (PTI) In a major development, Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Thursday suspended Bengaluru police commissioner B Dayananda and several other senior police officials in connection with the stampede outside the Chinnaswamy Stadium that killed 11 people. He also ordered the arrest of representatives of the RCB team, the event management firm DNA Entertainment Private Limited, and the Karnataka State Cricket Association (KSCA), hours after an FIR was registered against them under various charges, including culpable homicide not amounting to murder. The state government ...Read More >
Shariq MajeedLudhiana: The Congress, on Thursday, claimed that a large section of Ludhiana's legal fraternity had come out in support of party's bypoll candidate, Bharat Bhushan Ashu during a special meeting held on Wednesday. Reiterating their support for Ashu, senior advocate Rajiv Kaushal described him as a "symbol of courage in the face of political vendetta." "Ashu's unwavering commitment to public service and his clean record have earned him the respect of the legal fraternity," he said. Ac ...Read More >
Hathras, Dec 10 (VOICE) At least seven people lost their lives in a major road accident near Jaitpur village on the Bareilly-Mathura road in Uttar Pradesh's Hathras district on Tuesday. A collision between a container truck and a passenger vehicle, commonly referred to as a 'Magic,' resulted in the fatalities. Several others sustained injuries and were rushed to nearby hospitals, officials said. Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath expressed grief over the loss of lives and extended condolences to the bereaved families. He directed district authorities to ensure proper treatment for the injured an ...Read More >
Khargone (MP), Dec 11 (PTI) Spiritual leader Sant Siyaram Baba passed away on Wednesday at 94 following a brief illness at his ashram on the banks of the Narmada river in Madhya Pradesh, an official said. Siyaram Baba breathed his last around 6.10 am in his ashram in Bhattyan village, said Khargone district Superintendent of Police Dharmaraj Meena. Condolences poured in from various quarters. Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Mohan Yadav, former CM Digvijaya Singh, and ex-Union minister Arun Yadav among others expressed grief over the death of the Hindu seer, a revered figure in the Nimar region ...Read More >
Hyderabad, Feb 10 (VOICE) Telangana's Minister for Industry and Information Technology D. Sridhar Babu has strongly condemned the attack on Chilkur Balaji Temple head priest C. S. Rangarajan and made it clear that the government will not tolerate anarchic elements hijacking Hinduism to spread hate and terror.Terming the attack on the chief priest and administrator of the temple as a heinous act, he said that the government would deal with such evil acts with an iron fist. "Although the main accused is in police custody, this isn't just a crime -- it's an attack on our values and faith! Using ...Read More >

Bengaluru, Jun 5 (PTI) Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Thursday ordered the suspension of Bengaluru police commissioner and several senior police officials in connection with the stampede in front of Chinnaswamy Stadium here, which left 11 people dead. He has also ordered the arrest of representatives of RCB, DNA event managers and Karnataka State Cricket Association (KSCA), while handing over the probe to the one-man judicial commission headed by retired High Court judge of Karnataka Justice Michael Cunha. The stampede occurred on Wednesday evening in front of the stadium, where a ...Read More >
Hyderabad: In a significant boost for 'Make in India' and 'Atmanirbharta' in the aerospace and defence sector, and Hyderabad's growing stature as a global aerospace hub, the complete fuselage of the Rafale fighter jet will now be made in India at Hyderabad. This move marks the first time that these Rafale components will be manufactured outside France for the Indian as well as global markets.French aerospace major Dassault Aviation has signed four production transfer agreements with Tata Advanced Systems Ltd (TASL) for manufacturing key sections of the Rafale fighter jet, including the lateral ...Read More >
New Delhi [India], November 26 (ANI): Responding on the arrest and denial of bail of Chinmoy Krishna Das the Ministry of External Affairs on Tuesday urged Bangladeshi government to ensure the safety and security of Hindus. "We have noted with deep concern the arrest and denial of bail to Shri Chinmoy Krishna Das, who is also the spokesperson of the Bangladesh Sammilit Sanatan Jagran Jote", the statement said. "This incident follows the multiple attacks on Hindus and other minorities by extremist elements in Bangladesh. There are several documented cases of arson and looting of minorities' ho ...Read More >
Morena, December 10: An ex-serviceman allegedly killed his wife and then committed suicide by turning his licensed pistol on himself after a dispute in Madhya Pradesh's Morena city early Tuesday morning, police said. Before killing himself, he also aimed the gun at his two teenage sons while they were lying on a bed at home, but they managed to save themselves by running out of the house, an official said. Devendra Singh (45) retired as a hawaldar from the Army five years back and was financially sound, one of his sons said. Preliminary investigations suggested Singh had some dispute with his ...Read More >
Also Read | Sambhal sparks rift: INDIA bloc allies face leadership turmoil? "Multiple encroachments are being seen around the area," Sambhal DM Rajendra Pensia told ANI. Pensia said, "There was encroachment on roads, sewers, water bodies, and that too for a long time. We are undertaking an 'abhiyan' (drive) to fix it. We launched a campaign in Chandausi and we had decided we would start the campaign here in November. But we could not start." The DM stated the anti-encroachment drive will conti ...Read More >

Haridwar: A woman politician has been arrested for allegedly letting her boyfriend and others repeatedly rape her 13-year-old daughter in Haridwar, Uttarakhand. The horrifying crime, which occurred between January and March, was exposed when the minor bravely confided in her father, prompting a police investigation that led to the arrest of the accused. The accused was arrested with her boyfriend and one more. According to police reports, the minor was gang-raped multiple times, often in the presence of her mother. The minor, who had been living with her father following her parents' separat ...Read More >

Bengaluru (Karnataka) [India], June 5 (ANI): A day after the tragic stampede during the IPL victory celebration event of the Royal Challengers Bengaluru (RCB) in Bengaluru that left 11 dead and dozens injured, Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Thursday said that a one-member commission has been formed to probe the incident. CM Siddaramaiah also announced that the state government has decided to suspend top police department officials, including the Commissioner of Bengaluru City Police. Speaking to the media, the Karnataka CM stated, 'Under the chairmanship of Justice Michael D'Cunha, ...Read More >

New Delhi: Three Indian citizens vanished mysteriously in Tehran. Darkness closed in as hope seemed lost. A ruthless Pakistani gang with potential links to ISI snatched them away, casting a shadow of fear. But relentless Indian diplomats refused to back down. Against all odds, a daring rescue mission ignited. Now, the captives are free, and a chilling game of espionage comes to light. The Punjab-based trio - Amritpal Singh from Hoshiarpur, Jaspal Singh from SBS Nagar and Hushnapreet Singh from Sangrur - had landed in Iran on May 1. Promised a clandestine route to Australia via Dubai and Tehra ...Read More >

Bengaluru (Karnataka) [India], June 6 (ANI): Venu, one of the injured in the stampede that took place outside the Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru on June 4, is undergoing treatment at a hospital, recounted the tragedy that left eleven people dead and many more injured. The incident occurred when a massive crowd of fans gathered to greet the Royal Challengers Bengaluru (RCB) after they had won the IPL. 'We went to watch the event near gate no. 6 around 3:30 pm yesterday. The barricade fell and caused injury to me. I received a fracture. I'm better now, but I can't walk. Three of us went ther ...Read More >

ALSO READ: Lucknow Shocker: 3-Year-Old Girl, Sleeping Under Metro Station, Raped In Alambagh Area; Her Condition Critical Ashish Srivastav, the Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) of Central Lucknow, who visited the crime scene on Wednesday night itself, identified the accused as Deepak Verma. While talking to the news agency ANI, DCP Srivastava said, " On the morning of June 5, at 10 am, a complaint was registered that a 2.5 year old girl had been raped... A case was registered and five teams were formed... As per the CCTV footage of the scooter, the accused was identified as Deepak Verma... ...Read More >
Police officials said the man, from Visakhapatnam, had already paid the principal amount but was being hounded for a huge amount as interest. The man's family has lodged complaints with the police commissioner and the district collector. Hyderabad: Facing relentless harassment after taking a loan of Rs 2,000 from an instant loan app, a 27-year-old died by suicide in Andhra Pradesh's Visakhapatnam just 47 days after he got married. Police officials said Narendra, who catches fish for a living, ...Read More >
Hours after Atul Subash's wife Nikita Singhania, her mother Nisha and brother Anurag were arrested for allegedly abetting the suicide, the Bengaluru techie's father, Pawan Kumar Modi has questioned where Atul's four-year-old son is and said the family was worried about him. Modi thanked the police for arresting the woman and her family members. However, he said, "We don't know where she has kept our grandson. Has he been killed or is he alive? We don't know anything about him. I want my grandson ...Read More >
Sambhal (UP), Dec 15 (PTI) Weeks after violent clashes over a court-ordered survey of the Shahi Jama Masjid claimed four lives, the district administration has launched a campaign against encroachments and illegal power theft in the area around the historic mosque. As part of its efforts, the administration began removing encroachments from the area on Sunday morning. According to Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Shrish Chandra, the focus is on clearing drains outside houses and shops in the area under the Nakhasa police station. The area is close to the residence of Samajwadi Part ...Read More >

Bengaluru Stampede: Following the tragic stampede outside Chinnaswamy Stadium that claimed 11 lives and injured 47 others, Karnataka IPS officer Seemanth Kumar Singh has been appointed as the new Bengaluru Police Commissioner. The appointment came just hours after Chief Minister Siddaramaiah ordered the suspension of Commissioner B Dayananda and several other senior police officials. Singh, a 1996-batch IPS officer, was serving as Additional Director General of Police (ADGP) of the Bengaluru Metropolitan Task Force. He will now assume the role of ADGP and Commissioner of Police, Bengaluru Cit ...Read More >
Bhopal, December 3: In a shocking incident, an Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) allegedly stabbed his wife and sister-in-law to death in Bhopal on Tuesday, police said. The accused was identified as Yogesh Maravi, an ASI posted in Mandla district. The shocking incident came to the fore when the house help came in the morning for work and heard screams from inside the house. The domestic help started banging door in panic and alerted some neighbours. In the meantime, Maravi opened the door and fled from the spot, police said. The incident occurred in an area under the jurisdiction of Aishbagh pol ...Read More >

New Delhi [India], June 5 (ANI): The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC), India, has taken suo motu cognizance of a press release issued by the Press Club of India, New Delhi, highlighting the alleged brutal assault of two journalists by police in Bhind district, Madhya Pradesh. The incident reportedly took place on May 1, 2025, under the supervision of the District Superintendent of Police. 'NHRC, India takes suo motu cognisance of the reported assault of two journalists by police in Bhind district, Madhya Pradesh,' in a post in X, NHRC stated. https://x.com/India_NHRC/status/193056213 ...Read More >

Bengaluru stampede: Coming down heavily on lax policing in the aftermath of the stampede that took place during the Royal Challengers Bengaluru (RCB) victory parade, Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah on Thursday suspended senior Bengaluru police officers including city Police Commissioner 'with immediate effect'. Informing of the steps taken after 11 people were killed in the stampede on Wednesday, the chief minister said, "Cubbon Park Police Station Police Inspector, Station House Master, Station House Officer, ACP, Central Division DCP, Cricket Stadium in-charge, Additional Commissioner of Police, ...Read More >
Following a stampede at an IPL victory celebration in Bengaluru that resulted in 11 fatalities, Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah has suspended several top police officials for negligence. A judicial inquiry, led by Justice John Michael D'Cunha, will investigate the incident, along with a CID probe into RCB, KSCA, and DNA Entertainment Networks.Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Thursday announced the suspension of Bengaluru City Police Commissioner B Dayanand, Additional Commissioner ( ...Read More >

A two-and-a-half-year-old girl was allegedly raped near the Alambagh Metro station in Lucknow, one of the busiest zones at due to the presence of the Inter-State Bus Terminal (ISBT). The victim, a daughter of pavement dwellers from Unnao, was picked up while she was sleeping next to her father and mother on the roadside early Thursday morning, police said. The accused is still absconding, and police teams have been formed to trace him. The child was found in a severely injured state, abandoned a ...Read More >

There were no external injuries on the body. New Delhi: A student has been found dead in his hostel room at IIT Delhi. The room was locked from the inside and there were no external injuries on his body.. Officials said they received a call at the Kishangarh police station on Wednesday about a student not opening the door of his hostel room despite repeated knocking. When they reached the premier institute, police officials found that the door was locked from the inside, and it was forced open ...Read More >

Bengaluru: The Karnataka government on Thursday took strong action against the police officers allegedly responsible for the Bengaluru stampede, suspending several high-ranking officials, including the city's police commissioner. Addressing a press conference, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah also announced a one-man commission to probe the lapses that triggered the deadly stampede. "Cubbon Park Police Station police inspector, station house master, station house officer, ACP, Central Division DCP, cricket stadium in-charge, additional commissioner of police, commissioner of police have been susp ...Read More >

BHUBANESWAR/PURI: In a massive incentive, the Law department has approved Rs 2.25 crore for Daitapati servitors of the Shree Jagannath Temple if they ensure a smooth Rath Yatra. A proposal in this regard was sent by the Shree Jagannath Temple Administration (SJTA) recently. In a letter to the Srimandir chief administrator, the department informed that the government has approved Rs 2.25 crore as a 'special reward' for Daita servitors for disciplined conduct during the annual festival of the Trinity. The money will be paid from the SJTA funds and replenished with the allotment of funds as spe ...Read More >

Lucknow, June 6: A man accused of abduction and rape of a three-year-old girl in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, was killed in an encounter with police on Friday. The accused was identified as Deepak Verma by the police after scanning CCTV footage that showed him with the child. The officials said he was a habitual offender with criminal cases lodged across the city police stations. Deputy Commissioner of Police (Central Zone) Ashish Srivastava said five police teams were formed immediately after the incident was reported, and a reward of Rs one lakh was announced for his arrest. Police, after identi ...Read More >