Stay updated with the latest Other news, articles, and insights from trusted sources. Explore in-depth coverage and expert analysis on Other topics.

New Delhi: In a major revelation two months after the Operation Sindoor, Dassault Aviation chairman and CEO Eric Trappier has rejected Pakistan's claim of shooting down Indian Rafale fighter planes. Speaking to French website Avion Chasse, Trappier also said that while India lost one Rafale, the jet was not lost during combat but due to technical reasons. Notably, the Pakistan Air Force had claimed to have downed five Indian Air Force fighter jets on May 7. The PAF claimed that it shot down three Rafales using Chinese PL-15E missiles launched using the J-10C multi-role combat aircraft. However, Pakistan has so far not furnished any evidence for its claims. Trappier has termed Pakistan's Rafale shootdown claim 'inaccurate and unfounded' while saying that the loss of one aircraft occurred without enemy contact. Confirming the loss, Trappier said it was due to a technical failure at a high altitude.

Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala) [India], June 26 (ANI): British authorities on Thursday thanked India for their constant support after the British F-35B fighter jet made an emergency landing at Thiruvananthapuram airport nearly a fortnight ago. The High Commission spokesperson said, "We are working to repair the UK F-35B at Thiruvananthapuram International Airport as quickly as possible. We thank the Indian Authorities for their continued support" Also Read | Shubhanshu Shukla Becomes First Indian To Enter International Space Station, Says 'Privilege To Be Amongst Few To See Earth From This Vant ...Read More >

Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala) [India], June 27 (ANI): A UK F-35B aircraft is currently awaiting repairs at the Thiruvananthapuram International Airport after experiencing an engineering issue, a British High Commission spokesperson confirmed. "A UK F-35B aircraft is awaiting repairs at the Thiruvananthapuram International Airport after developing an engineering issue. The UK has accepted an offer to move the aircraft to the Maintenance Repair and Overhaul facility at the airport. The aircraft will be moved to the hangar once UK engineering teams arrive with specialist equipment, thereby ensurin ...Read More >
Guwahati: Assam will soon get three national highway stretches equipped for emergency aircraft landings, including the first such facility in the Northeast, which shares a long border with Bangladesh, Bhutan, Myanmar and China. "The first emergency landing facility on a national highway in North East is expected to be ready in eastern Assam by October, in a boost to national security and disaster preparedness," Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said on Sunday. Once completed, these stretches will boost Assam's strategic and transport infrastructure, Sarma said. "Once completed, it will supp ...Read More >
Hyderabad: In a significant boost for 'Make in India' and 'Atmanirbharta' in the aerospace and defence sector, and Hyderabad's growing stature as a global aerospace hub, the complete fuselage of the Rafale fighter jet will now be made in India at Hyderabad. This move marks the first time that these Rafale components will be manufactured outside France for the Indian as well as global markets.French aerospace major Dassault Aviation has signed four production transfer agreements with Tata Advanced Systems Ltd (TASL) for manufacturing key sections of the Rafale fighter jet, including the lateral ...Read More >

New Delhi: A quiet splash. A dark current. And then, chaos. Concrete cracking. Steel shattering. Russia's mighty Crimean Bridge, once a symbol of unbreakable control, was torn. Not by fighter jets. Not by missiles. But by bombs, sleeping silently beneath the waves. On June 3 morning, Ukraine's security service SBU claimed responsibility for a jaw-dropping underwater strike on the Kerch Bridge, an important supply line between Russia and the occupied Crimean Peninsula. The attack, which reportedly used 1,100 kg of explosives, targeted the bridge's underwater pillars - crippling its foundation ...Read More >

Bengaluru Power Cuts: Citizens of Bengaluru brace yourself for long hours of power outages from June 29 and June 30. More than 100 areas will be impacted as BESCOM undertakes its quarterly maintenance work in various of its division. Bengaluru Power Outages June 29: According to the update by BESCOM on its X handler, there will be power outages in Kittaganahalli, Palasandra, Saptagiri, Maruthinagar, Sankapur, Raghavendra Nagar, Goolarivee, Baddihalli, Kesaramadu, C.M Badawan, Kalalli and SKS village on June 29 from 10 am to 5 pm. BESCOM's executive engineer has appealed to consumers to coop ...Read More >
Bengaluru (Karnataka) [India], February 10 (ANI): Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Monday met Minister Delegate to the Minister of Defence and Chief of Staff of the National Army of Algeria General Said Changeriha in Bengaluru at Aero India 2025. Singh called their meeting a "great interaction." Also Read | US: Judge Finds Trump Administration Hasn't Fully Followed Order To Unfreeze Federal Spending, Orders White House To Release All Money. In a post on X, he said, "Great interaction with the Minister Delegate to the Minister of Defence and Chief of Staff of the National Army of Algeria Ge ...Read More >

New Delhi/Thiruvananthapuram, June 27: Nearly two weeks after it made an emergency landing at Thiruvananthapuram airport, the UK F-35B Lightning II stealth fighter jet will be moved to the Maintenance Repair and Overhaul facility at the airport as it awaits repairs, the British High Commission stated on Friday. "A UK F-35B aircraft is awaiting repairs at the Thiruvananthapuram International Airport after developing an engineering issue. The UK has accepted an offer to move the aircraft to the Maintenance Repair and Overhaul facility at the airport. The aircraft will be moved to the hangar onc ...Read More >
NEW DELHI: Aviation engineers from the UK are arriving in Thiruvananthapuram to repair an F-35B Lightning jet of Britain's Royal Navy as the aircraft continued to be stranded after making an emergency landing 12 days ago.The aircraft is part of the HMS Prince of Wales Carrier Strike Group of the UK's Royal Navy.The jet, worth over USD 110 million and known to be one of the most advanced fighters globally, made the emergency landing at Thiruvananthapuram airport on June 14.The aircraft is awaiting repairs at the Thiruvananthapuram international airport after developing an engineering issue, a B ...Read More >

India launched Operation Sindoor in response to the terror attack in Pahalgam ShowQuick Read Summary is AI-generated, newsroom-reviewed Political leadership forbade targeting Pakistani air defences in initial phase, Captain Shiv Kumar saidCongress criticised the BJP government for "misleading" the public on Operation SindoorOpposition demanded all-party meeting and special parliament session on the issue Did our AI summary help? Let us know. New Delhi: A comment by India's defence attache ...Read More >
Trinamool Congress MP Mahua Moitra criticized Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his international tour, questioning the effectiveness of India's diplomatic efforts in isolating Pakistan globally. Moitra commented on Modi's extensive traveling and expressed concerns about Pakistan's support from international organizations. As Prime Minister Narendra Modi embarked on a multi-nation tour, he faced critical remarks from Trinamool Congress MP Mahua Moitra, who questioned why India's diplomatic act ...Read More >

New Delhi, June 7 (SocialNews.XYZ) India has issued a Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) for a major Indian Air Force (IAF) exercise scheduled to take place near the southern sector of the India-Pakistan International Border in Rajasthan from Saturday, June 7, to Sunday, June 8. The exercise is part of the IAF's regular operational preparedness and will be conducted in airspace near the border. According to the NOTAM, the aerial drill will commence at 3:30 p.m. on June 7 and conclude at 9:30 p.m. the following day. During this period, airspace over the designated region will be restricted to ensure t ...Read More >
New Delhi: Alleging "blatant misuse" of agencies to defame its leaders, AAP on Thursday questioned why the first information report filed against former Delhi ministers Saurabh Bharadwaj and Satyendar Jain was being kept under wraps and "selective" press notes were being leaked to the media.Bharadwaj, who is Delhi AAP convener, alleged that only two former ministers were named in the case without any reasonable cause while all the officers of the health and public works departments, who were actually responsible for executing the hospital projects, were spared. "Is the FIR so baseless that BJP ...Read More >

NEW DELHI: India pushed for a permanent solution of border demarcation with China and underlined the need to solve complex issues through a structured roadmap of engagement and de-escalation, during talks between defence minister Rajnath Singh and his Chinese counterpart Admiral Dong Jun on Thursday. Singh "stressed on border management and to have a permanent solution of border demarcation by rejuvenating the established mechanism on the issue," the defence ministry said on Friday, a day after two ministers held talks at Qingdao in China on the sidelines of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisat ...Read More >

NEW DELHI: The Congress on Sunday cited the reported comments of India's defence attache to Indonesia that the Indian Air Force lost fighter jets to Pakistan during Operation Sindoor and accused the government of having "misled" the country. The party also asked why is Prime Minister Narendra Modi "refusing" to preside over an all-party meeting to take the Opposition into confidence and why has the demand for a special session of Parliament been rejected. Congress general secretary in-charge communications Jairam Ramesh shared a media report on X which quoted Captain (Indian Navy) Shiv Kumar ...Read More >

Thiruvananthapuram, Jun 2 (PTI) What began last month as an emergency landing by a British Royal Navy F-35B Lightning fighter jet at Thiruvananthapuram International Airport has unexpectedly turned into a marketing gift for Kerala Tourism. The jet, part of the UK's most advanced stealth fleet, is awaiting repairs. Now, that brief military issue is being reimagined -- not in air bases or defence circles, but in the world of travel and tourism. A new poster posted by Kerala Tourism on its 'X' handle is making the rounds online. It features a stylised image of the fighter jet parked against a ...Read More >

NEW DELHI: India's army deputy chief on Friday claimed that China provided Pakistan "live inputs" on Indian military positions during the deadly conflict in May, urging swift upgrades to India's air defence systems in response to the evolving threat. The nuclear-armed rivals used missiles, drones, and artillery fire during the four-day fighting -- their worst in decades -- triggered by an attack in April on Hindu tourists in Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJK) that New Delhi blamed on Islamabad, before agreeing to a ceasefire. Pakistan has denied involvement in the attack. In ...Read More >

New Delhi: Following Operation Sindoor, China attempted to cast doubt on the effectiveness of France's flagship Rafale fighter jets, according to the French intelligence report. The defence attachés in Chinese embassies were asked to lead the charge to undermine the sale and performance of Rafale jets as part of an effort to get countries to stop buying the French military fighter, according to the Associated Press. For the French defence industry, sales of the Rafale fighter jet and other armaments bring most of the business to them, which even aided Paris in strengthening ties with Asian na ...Read More >

Prayagraj (UP), Jul 3 (PTI) Rejecting the bail plea of a person accused of posting objectionable content on social media against Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Indian armed forces, the Allahabad High Court has observed that it has become a "fashion among certain groups of people" to misuse social media in the garb of freedom of speech. Rejecting the bail application of one Ashraf Khan on Wednesday, Justice Arun Kumar Singh Deshwal observed that the freedom of speech guaranteed under the Constitution does not extend to such acts which disrespect high dignitaries and create disharmony amo ...Read More >

New Delhi: In the last few years, China has emerged as the biggest profiteer of war. When neighbouring countries fight, China becomes their dealer. From the Russia-Ukraine war to the India-Pakistan conflict, and civil wars from Yemen to Africa, Chinese weapons are visible on every front. A recent report by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) has revealed that China has sent military equipment to more than 44 countries in the last few years. China has supplied various weapons ranging from fighter jets to 44 countries, of which the maximum weapons have been sold to Paki ...Read More >

Bengaluru: The Karnataka government on Thursday took strong action against the police officers allegedly responsible for the Bengaluru stampede, suspending several high-ranking officials, including the city's police commissioner. Addressing a press conference, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah also announced a one-man commission to probe the lapses that triggered the deadly stampede. "Cubbon Park Police Station police inspector, station house master, station house officer, ACP, Central Division DCP, cricket stadium in-charge, additional commissioner of police, commissioner of police have been susp ...Read More >
Gurgaon: MCG additional commissioner Yash Jaluka directed bulk waste generators (BWG) across the city to ensure proper disposal of waste by private agencies who are assisting them. Giving these instructions in a meeting held on Friday, he said it is often observed that BWGs hand over their waste to private agencies, which only sort valuable items and dump the remaining waste on roads, drains, vacant land or public places. This, he said, not only affects cleanliness of the city but also poses a threat to public health."Under the Solid Waste Management Rules-2016, it is the legal and moral respo ...Read More >

New Delhi, Jun 29 (PTI) A controversy has erupted over the remarks by the Indian defence attache in Indonesia suggesting that the Indian Air Force lost fighter jets in the initial phase of Operation Sindoor as it was constrained by the mandate to not attack Pakistani military establishment and only target terrorist infrastructure. As the purported video of the remarks made by Captain Shiv Kumar on June 10 at a gathering surfaced on Sunday, the Indian embassy in Jakarta said the officer only stated the fact that the Indian armed forces serve under political leadership, unlike some other countr ...Read More >

Thiruvananthapuram, Jul 6 (PTI) After remaining stranded here for about a month following a technical issue, a British Royal Navy fighter jet was on Sunday moved to a designated facility for British engineers to assess it, airport sources here said. An engineering team from the UK arrived at the international airport here on Sunday to assess and repair the British Royal Navy F-35B Lightning fighter jet which made an emergency landing at the airport nearly a month ago. A British High Commission spokesperson confirmed the arrival of the engineering team at the airport. "A UK engineering team ...Read More >

New Delhi, Jun 27 (PTI) Aviation engineers from the UK are arriving in Thiruvananthapuram to repair an F-35B Lightning jet of Britain's Royal Navy as the aircraft continued to be stranded after making an emergency landing 12 days ago. The aircraft is part of the HMS Prince of Wales Carrier Strike Group of the UK's Royal Navy. Also Read | Lohardaga Shocker: Woman Strangulated, Teen Grandson Hacked to Death in Sleep in Jharkhand, Family Feud Suspected. The jet, worth over USD 110 million and known to be one of the most advanced fighters globally, made the emergency landing at Thiruvananthapur ...Read More >

New Delhi: The Indian Air Force lost fighter jets to Pakistan on the night of May 7, 2025 during its targeting of Pakistan's terror-linked sites "only because of the constraint given by the political leadership to not attack the military establishment or their air defenses," India's defence attache to Indonesia, Captain (Indian Navy) Shiv Kumar, acknowledged at a seminar in Indonesia last month. The seminar on 'Analysis of the Pakistan-India Air Battle and Indonesia's Anticipatory Strategies from the Perspective of Air Power' was organised on June 10 by Universitas Dirgantara Marsekal Suryada ...Read More >
KOCHI: An emergency landing and a prolonged stay of the British F-35B fighter jet at Thiruvananthapuram airport -- 20 days now -- after developing a technical snag could have embarrassed UK's Royal Navy. However, Kerala Tourism has turned the crisis into an opportunity to promote 'God's Own Country'.The post featured an AI-generated poster with a spoof 'review' attributed to the $110m UK jet, "Kerala is such an amazing place, I don't want to leave. Definitely recommend," and a caption "Kerala, the destination you'll never want to leave. Thank you, The Fauxy." The post quickly gained traction o ...Read More >

NEW DELHI: India faced not one but three adversaries during the four-day military confrontation with Pakistan under Operation Sindoor two months ago, a top general said on Friday, putting the spotlight on the crucial battle support provided to Islamabad by allies Beijing and Ankara, and the lessons learnt from the May 7-10 clash. Beijing saw the confrontation as a "live lab" to test the performance of the weapons and systems supplied by it to Pakistan, and the Chinese actions reflected its strategy against India of "killing with a borrowed knife" (using Pakistan for its own gains), said Lieut ...Read More >

New Delhi, July 6 (SocialNews.XYZ) A UK F-35B Lightning II fighter jet that made an emergency landing at the Thiruvananthapuram International Airport nearly three weeks ago, is now set to be moved for repairs, as a UK engineering team has arrived arrived in India to undertake the complex task. According to sources, more than a dozen technicians are a part of this crucial repair-work mission. Confirming this development, a British High Commission spokesperson said, "A UK engineering team has deployed to Thiruvananthapuram International Airport to assess and repair the UK F-35B aircraft, which ...Read More >

Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala) [India], July 6 (ANI): A team of around 25 technical experts from the British Royal Air Force is expected to land in Kerala on Sunday aboard an A400M Atlas military transport aircraft to inspect the F-35B fighter jet that made an emergency landing at Thiruvananthapuram International Airport on the night of June 14, sources said. The visiting team will assess the condition of the stranded jet to determine whether it can be repaired locally or needs to be dismantled and transported back to the United Kingdom. Since its unscheduled landing nearly three weeks ago, the ...Read More >